1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark 36" Turf Tracer HELP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carino Property Services, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Carino Property Services

Carino Property Services LawnSite Member

I have a 15 HP 36" 2002 Exmark turf tracer I recently purchased used.The machine is in excellent condition. I just started mowing with it on thursday and it seems to bog down when I go up a hill with it. I know the machine is not under powered with 15HP. Does any one have any ideas? Thanks Tom

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

are you using a velke? How bad does it bog down? slows down a little? won't cut at all?

3. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

do you have a mait. record for the machine, 15 hp should be plenty of power. Plugs, and filters is where I would start

4. Carino Property Services

Carino Property Services LawnSite Member

No I'm not using a velke yet, it just seems to slow down in speed and also blade speed. Like the governer isn't picking up with the extra load.I was thinking I should try a new air filter. It works great on flat areas. Thanks Tom

5. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

hmmm...that's plenty of power for a 36" deck. Take it to a dealer to get it checked out.