Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 Turf Tracer 60; has 22 HP Kohler. I got 2,700 hours out of it and one cylinder has lost more and more compression-below 100 psi. Rebuild or replace ? Who's cheapest ? Is there a bigger HP engine that's a direct replacement ? Thanks !

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should mention that it still operates, but low on power, uses oil and fouls one plug about every day and a half. No knocking or backfiring

·
Super Moderator
46,930 Posts
Your best best would be be to put another Kohler on it. You might contact one of the parts suppliers and see what engines will interchange with yours. The problem you have is that the engine will cost almost as much if not more than what the mower is worth. If this is a spare mower you might check ebay.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Look on ebay and craigslist for a used one. I see them all the time. Then keep the mower as a spare and get something newer. I bet my 32" toro has more hours than that but no hour meter

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's my original starting-my-own-business mower. Retired by the purchase of a new 60; however my trac vav is mounted to it and I want to keep using it for spring/fall. I never thought of a used engine. Any of you bought one ? How did it work out ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Why not rebuild the one you have if it is not your primary mower?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Power Stroke.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not rebuild the one you have if it is not your primary mower?
That's sounding like the best way. A used one may be a whole lotta money and time for not any better . Why would you take the engine off a good mower ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.