• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Exmark 60" vs Ferris 48"

dem

LawnSite Member
Hello All, I have been reading this forum for a whiile and it is awesome.

I have about 1.5 acres of grass with lots of trees and beds to mow around. I did it with my residential tractor last year and it took 2.5+ hours each week. :(

I am looking at 2 used z's.

#1 - 2002 exmark z 60" 23kohler 115 hrs = $5,000

#2 - 2002 Ferris 1000 48" 21Kaw 105hrs = $4,100

Both were used residentially and run great. There are from different local deals who come recommended.

I don't know much about Ferris and the exmark dealer told me they don't cut as nice as exmark (sales pitch :confused: )

Everything I read has me leaning towards the exmark, but I wanted to get some pro's opinion on the Ferris. Thanks in advance!

Doug

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
With the striping roller you can do this!

797reas.jpg

OP
D

dem

LawnSite Member
In my neck of the woods and with the 1.5 acres I have to mow, 5K will pay for about 50 cuts. Besides, I like the down time of riding around and mowing the yard.

Everyone seems to like the Exmark, i am guessing that either machine would give me a good quality cut.

Gilla Gorilla

LawnSite Senior Member
I just picked up a used 2002 Exmark 60" Lazer 23hp kawi with 368 hours on it last weekend and that thing is nice. I have not had a chance to really get out and play with it yet but am really looking forward for the beginning of the season. I have never riden a farris but the exmark is a very nice machine imo.

Have fun which ever way you go