Exmark 60"

USAProLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
OP
USAProLawnCare

USAProLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
What makes you think it has so many more hours?

MTenterprises

LawnSite Senior Member
No reason other than looks. Most people aren't as crazy as i am about cleaning my equipment. It is probably a good mower. Just crank it and use your best judgement.
Posted via Mobile Device

THEGOLDPRO

LawnSite Fanatic
lol there is def more then 1050 hours on that machine. Not to mention the age of it, no way you mow commercially with a mower for 8+ years and only put 1000 hours on it.

OP
USAProLawnCare

USAProLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
OP
USAProLawnCare

USAProLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member
Haha that what I was thinking... I also see a bent wheel/roller on the deck I think.

OP
USAProLawnCare

USAProLawnCare

LawnSite Senior Member

themadcutter

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys, tell me what you think. This guy is selling this thing for 2900 bucks.. He said he isn't sure about the year, but it has 1052hrs on it. Here's the link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/2904143884.html

My exmark is about 4 years old and that one is older. I can tell because of where the electrical controls are. That mower looks pretty nice and I don't think it has the 2000 hours some one else mentioned.

The deck looks pretty good and isn't missing a lot of paint or appear to have a lot of rust. the seat is in excellent shape. the deck has all its bumper wheels. it is in much better condition than my exmark and mine is at least 1 year newer. and the kohler is a nice engine. I do think the price is a little high because the mower is at least 5 years old.

Ask him if he had replaced any parts without telling him why you want to know those exmarks are very nice machines.

If the spindles dont make any noise and it doesn't have any oil leaks and runs well then I would offer $2100 and see what he says.

If the engine is spotless then he probably cleaned it. run it until the engine is hot and see if there is a lot of smoke comming off it after you shut it off. make sure that it jumps forward with some good force when you push the controlls forward (preferably going up a slight incline) and that will tell you the pumps and wheel motors are at least good for now.