Lawn Care Forum banner

Exmark 96 inch lazer?

32K views 79 replies 31 participants last post by  landscaper22 
#1 ·
Sorry no pictures but I saw in one of the trade mags they send me a pic and article of the 2018 lazer xs models. They had a 96 inch lazer with a yarnma diesel with red tech. Thing had a flex deck. Wish I had more details it was at some expo so they really did build it. Wondered if anyone else had seen that.

#3 ·
Yall who are going to the GIE EXPO next week better get some pics & info on this! Looks interesting!!!

#7 ·
Does the deck fold up for transport it doesn't look like it does. lastec had one that was I think 120 where the sides would lift hydraulically to make it more narrow. If this doesn't have that feature what moves it? I don't think you can even get an open utility trailer that width my widest is 80 inches internal width. I have seen enclosed trailers sport that width but then the wheel hubs tend to be inside which would prevent you going to far forward. I suppose a flat trailer with no sides like a car carrier would work but screw that. Looks like its just for golf courses.

#8 ·
A nice deckover would work...assuming you had one. But yeah, they design them for golf courses and munis where transport isn't as much of an issue.

Would have loved to have one of those back in the day.

Reactions: JLSLLC
#10 ·
I would guess it folds up like the Hustler Version. I fiqured that’s why Exmark has made one. To compete with Hustlers Wide-Area Mower.

#11 ·
it's a hustler clone basically. Probably looking for golf courses to buy it as a faster wam. They don't cut very well. they kinda leave hay rows

#13 ·
Spoke with a Exmark rep today about it. He said it will retail for about $40,000. Will be powered by 37 HP Yanmar diesel. They are marketing it for large companies who can afford to spend big bucks.. Aimed at those doing golf courses and school fields etc. I mentioned that the option between 72 inch and 9 and 11 foot seems to be open.. but he said they don't think there is enough demand to make something reasonably priced to fill this specification. I guess they based a lot off the Hustler 104 comments from people. I think most agree the 104 was over done with not enough power.
Also inquired as too why Exmark doesn't post their HP ratings... the guy gave some answer about HP not being accurate etc... I guess that's the company line and he's sticking with it. From what I got from him, Exmark talks to the big companies and really doesn't seem to care too much about what the small guy says.

#18 ·
The Toro 7500-D is about the same mower as the 96 inch Exmark.

With the Exmark pricing , why would anyone get their 25 HP when you could get a John Deere 997 R with the 37 HP Yanmar D for a little over 20K.. So Exmark charges 6-7 K more for a comparable mower ?
From all the feedback here and other place the 997R is about the best Diesel in the 60-72 inch range.
Just can't figure out why Exmark is so expensive compared to comparable mowers... Any comments ?

#28 ·
40k? Can't you get a decked out 997 72" for 25k? If so I would think that would be the way to go. 96" rear discharge deck is not going to leave a great cut, more of a utility cut. The 997 with a side discharge will leave a better finish and more versatile in daily use.

#30 ·
What happened to the days where we ran scag sthm with 61”-72”decks with 22-23 Kohler s and they cut just fine then and they cut just fine now. I still have 3 in my fleet and a buddy of mine has about 27 sthm there still using in south Florida. I think mowers have got out of hand just like trucks,boats etc. but if people are buying then why not keep raising prices. We have new turf tigers our self but the older sthm cut just fine probably nicer than the ztr’s.

#38 ·
And the downfall is you have to drop both wings to mow.

And I've tried the "diesel lasts longer" in my Exmarks, both the Daihatsu flaming POS and the Kubota, it doesn't happen. Fuel usage is greatly reduced. Torque is better, but I still was getting into the potential for some expensive repairs on the Kubota diesel when I sold it.

And before it comes up, I have a brazillion other diesels without issues.

Reactions: Ridin' Green
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.