Exmark areator 21 wb Ars180ack2100

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by R&R collection, Mar 11, 2019.

1. R&R collection

R&R collection LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark areator that losses power just traveling on flat terrian, ive tighten the chains on both sides and the belt to the hydro. I bought the unit used ,im wondering if i. going to need a new pump or if i should change the oil ? Any input Thanks!

2. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Fanatic

What is the condition of the belt? Is it glazed, cracked etc? How does the oil look? Is it dark? I would start by changing the oil and if equipped, the filter since you dont have any idea when mtce may have been done previously.

sjessen and hort101 like this.
  3. R&R collection

Belt looks to be ok just the tension is poorly designed ,it has a slot with lock screw nothing really to pull on the belt if you get the idea hard to explain , its not like you're deck belt that you wrech on the bolt to tension, well this ones more like you pry on the bolt and same time you wrench on it, I havent changed the oil on the hydro . I'm going to , have you ever fixed a hydro?

4. Walker56

If the belt is sloppy after you have tightened it, a new belt may help you. I have only worked on Eaton Hydros but there are many members here who have a great deal of experience with various hydo models. It is best to post as much info as possible on your hydro such as any numbers markings etc.

sjessen and hort101 like this.
  5. R&R collection

I looked up parts for the transaxle off the Exmarks manual I dont know if they sell a rebuilt kit ,im going to look it over throughly just shooting for the worst

6. Walker56

See if you can find any markings on the transaxle and post them

hort101 likes this.
  7. R&R collection

8. Walker56

sjessen, hort101 and Breezmeister like this.
  9. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Agree if theres no room left on tensioner the belt has stretched
    some cars dont have a tension bolt you have to use pry bar and tighten the pump bolt

Walker56 and Breezmeister like this.