Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my exmark is blowing ignition fuses every time i turn the key i can get it started anyone know what this might be i need this mower! i already changes the ignition and syilnoid any help would be awsome

· Registered
12,640 Posts
zim bob,

The FULL model AND serial numbers off your unit along with the engine model AND spec numbers would be helpful.....

· Registered
158 Posts
If it blows as soon as you turn the key then it might have a bad short, so go over all the wires and make sure they arent grounding. The starter could be bad also, but i bet it is the ignition switch, they do go bad sometimes and cause that to happen too.

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have replaces the ignition switch already i havent gone tru all the wires yet

model #LZ22KC523
serial # 161418

can you buy a new wireing harness for them? if so about how much do they cost

i can just the syliniod and the engine will turn over but stll wont start.

the weird part is it ran good yesterday morning but i think it ignition switch was gone so we jump the silinoid and it started mowed my lawn the took the deck off cleaned it and painted the underside and put it all back now its blowing fuses and wont start when i jump the sylinoid

· Registered
958 Posts
the weird part is it ran good yesterday morning but i think it ignition switch was gone so we jump the silinoid and it started mowed my lawn the took the deck off cleaned it and painted the underside and put it all back now its blowing fuses and wont start when i jump the sylinoid
I don't know this machine but, I'd check the ignition switch is faulty and retrace all you did when removing the deck to see if you pinched a wire when refitting. Got yourself a PIA job there. Good luck Phil:)

· Registered
158 Posts
Chances are that a wire is being pinched then, if you changed the switch. I dont think you need a new wire harness, just find the short , it might be very small like a vibration was rubbing the coating off the wire, you can do this too, replace the fuse and put the mower in a very dark place and have someone with you and turn the key and look for a park when starting the mower and if there is a short in the wire harness, you will see where , because it will briefly spark. That uis the best way to find a short in the harness.

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok heres a guess to narrow down my search on the ignition when the key is on then its fine, so when the key is on then theres power to voltage regulater, hour meter and seat relay. but when i turn it to start then it blows so the only other funtion is starter relay, right? so it should be in that wire or could it be a bad relay? thanks for all the help guys your making it a little less frustrating lol

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also does anyone know of a website i could get a manual for this mower that would be awsome too thanks again!

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok the mower isnt blowing anymore fuses, but the ignition isnt doing anything we have to take pliers and jump the sylinoid. and im not getting any spark. could that be because of the ignition or something else.

· Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok thanks so much guy problem still not solved so i droped it off at the dealers! he tells me they will not be able to look at it till mid week :hammerhead: so now kind of embarassing but i got to mow tomro with 52" walkbehind and the crapsman tractor :cool2: im seriously thinking about getting another Z mabe a dixie chopper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.