• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Exmark flow control baffle??

accuratelawn

LawnSite Senior Member
For those that have installed this kit.
I have the baffles, but don't understand the instructions. What hardware are you suppose to remove before placing the templet on the deck? Not sure where the templet is suppose to line up.
Is the baffle positioned outside on the current baffle (between the leading edge and current baffle) or between the current baffle and the blades?:(

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
Just for identification, before anyone answers this, are we talking about the anti blowout baffle, or the mulching kit baffles that close off each bay under the deck?

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by Runner
Just for identification, before anyone answers this, are we talking about the anti blowout baffle, or the mulching kit baffles that close off each bay under the deck?

I'll put 20 dollers on mulching KIT.
John

Andyinchville

LawnSite Senior Member
I've run some mowers w/ and without the
little metal pieces I think you're talking about but it didn't seem to make much difference either way....Personally I put them in because I think the extra metal helps the structural integrity of the deck....

Andrew

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
John, as I read this, I am thinking now, as it reads "template". I would guess that the mulching kit has a template for the holes, as the anti-blowout baffle doesn't. I don't know, because I've never installed either one of these.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by Runner
John, as I read this, I am thinking now, as it reads "template". I would guess that the mulching kit has a template for the holes, as the anti-blowout baffle doesn't. I don't know, because I've never installed either one of these.

Holes are already there for anti blowout baffle. Not sure about mulching KIT.
John

Premo Services

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think he is talking about the anti blow out baffle, it goes on the outside edge, the two holes line up on discharge chute side.You don,t take anything off. it has been a while, but I think that was the way it was set up.
I put one on my lazer, and didn,t see much difference at all.

OP
A

accuratelawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I am talking about the blow out baffles. The install calls for drilling into the top of the deck to mount.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by accuratelawn
I am talking about the blow out baffles. The install calls for drilling into the top of the deck to mount.

Hay Bud
What mower do you have?
John