Exmark grass discharge

Southernsooner1

LawnSite Member
I have a 2016 Exmark Lazer Z e series 60 inch with side discharge.

My problem is mowing with even the slightest breeze causes all the clippings to blow back on to me. I’ve tried putting on a blank off plate and mulching blades and all
That did was cause all
The grass to windrow on the right side and a lot of grass would blow up at me
From under the front of the deck.

Only option left is the very pricey mulch kit. Before I spend the big bucks on that, wanted opinions. I’ll sacrifice a bit of cut quality to just not get covered in clippings. Lol

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
I have a 2016 Exmark Lazer Z e series 60 inch with side discharge.

My problem is mowing with even the slightest breeze causes all the clippings to blow back on to me. I’ve tried putting on a blank off plate and mulching blades and all
That did was cause all
The grass to windrow on the right side and a lot of grass would blow up at me
From under the front of the deck.

Only option left is the very pricey mulch kit. Before I spend the big bucks on that, wanted opinions. I’ll sacrifice a bit of cut quality to just not get covered in clippings. Lol
Are the clippings blowing over the front of the deck?

If so, you might try cutting .5" lower. Also, there is an anti blowout baffle available for your deck. I have them on my 60's.

OP
S

Southernsooner1

LawnSite Member
Are the clippings blowing over the front of the deck?

If so, you might try cutting .5" lower. Also, there is an anti blowout baffle available for your deck. I have them on my 60's.
I removed the blank off plate and back to using the discharge chute. But to answer your question, yes it was blowing over the front. And if I lowered the deck, then it would windrow against the right side.

Is the “anti blowout baffle” part of their crazy expensive mulching kit? I’m considering buying that, if it works. Thanks for the reply.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
I removed the blank off plate and back to using the discharge chute. But to answer your question, yes it was blowing over the front. And if I lowered the deck, then it would windrow against the right side.

Is the “anti blowout baffle” part of their crazy expensive mulching kit? I’m considering buying that, if it works. Thanks for the reply.
No it is a separate item. I don’t know the part #. A search using keywords “Exmark antiblowout baffle” should help. There are pictures and numbers in those threads.

Sometimes adjusting the rake helps also.

Good luck!

OP
S

Southernsooner1

LawnSite Member
Free. I think I have everything but the bolts. Have to check to be sure.
my number is 405-774-1722. We can discuss! Don’t worry about bolts. Lol. You might have just saved me from selling and trying out scag or Ferris! I love time on the mower, but have been really frustrated by the grass blowing all
Over me on a $8500 machine.

Travis Avent

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
my number is 405-774-1722. We can discuss! Don’t worry about bolts. Lol. You might have just saved me from selling and trying out scag or Ferris! I love time on the mower, but have been really frustrated by the grass blowing all
Over me on a $8500 machine.

Travis Avent
Travis, very happy to give you the mulch kit but do think the anti blowout baffle will solve your issue. Or, at the least minimize it.