Exmark Guys....trading

meets1

LawnSite Gold Member
I have two machines that are 3 years old and 900 hours +/-. My dealer wants to move a few machines. Will trade for $11,870.00 total. I will keep my baggers though. Lazer X 52 EFI mowers. Good deal??

dago52

LawnSite Senior Member
If you like the deal, then it is good. However, I would only recommend paying cash if you do the deal. I just don't borrow money and wouldn't bite on the dealer trying to move inventory.

K c m

LawnSite Silver Member
I have two machines that are 3 years old and 900 hours +/-. My dealer wants to move a few machines. Will trade for $11,870.00 total. I will keep my baggers though. Lazer X 52 EFI mowers. Good deal??
That sounds like a decent deal! I’d ask for kawi though sir but that’s personal preference.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
If you like the deal, then it is good. However, I would only recommend paying cash if you do the deal. I just don't borrow money and wouldn't bite on the dealer trying to move inventory.
Unless the mowers were on "floor plan" and were going to have to be paid for.

dago52

LawnSite Senior Member
Unless the mowers were on "floor plan" and were going to have to be paid for.
A dealers floor plan does not justify financing a mower.

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Borrowing for anything is bad. If all the company does is chase money to make payments what's the point. Those mowers cost more on borrowed money no matter 0 percent or whatever. Sheffield or whoever doesn't build office buildings and fill them with people by loaning out free money. That would be like us going around cutting lawns for free.
The only reason to finance is because the buyer can't afford it.

dago52

LawnSite Senior Member
SO you think having a 0% $250ish payment is worse than having all the capital in you bank account?
I don’t think all debt is bad.
There is no such thing as 0% from a financial institution. The banks are in business to make money and it’s called subsidizing the loan. As Zland said, don’t chase a payment, instead chase revenue.

ltdlawn

LawnSite Platinum Member
I’d rather stay liquid than worry about the fee Sheffield makes off their 0% finance. If something happens to me my family has liquid capital vs a used mower. Different points of view I guess.
Glad to hear some are buying everything outright though.