• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Exmark is no longer makeing 32 inch mowers

mowerdude777

LawnSite Silver Member
Well I went on the updated website and looked under the metro and I am susprised with a change in the metro. NO MORE 32 you can only get a 36 or 48 on a new metro, I wonder why they stopped the 32s production they use to make a 32 viking and metro hp years ago. Now with all mowers a 36 inch deck is the smallest. just thought I would share http://www.exmark.com/metro.htm Sorry about spelling the title wrong lol

Cummins343

LawnSite Silver Member
I think 32" mowers are pointless anyways.

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
32's are pointless when you compare them to a 36. if you can't get your 36 thru a gate you aren't gonna get a 32. gates come in standerd sizes. either you fit a 21 incher through or the next size up will get you a 36 thru.

exmark hasn't made 32's for the last 4 years. i've been in the business 3 years now and they've never had a 32 on there website or at the dealers.

OP
mowerdude777

mowerdude777

LawnSite Silver Member
32's are pointless when you compare them to a 36. if you can't get your 36 thru a gate you aren't gonna get a 32. gates come in standerd sizes. either you fit a 21 incher through or the next size up will get you a 36 thru.

exmark hasn't made 32's for the last 4 years. i've been in the business 3 years now and they've never had a 32 on there website or at the dealers.
I they did make them before at and they sold them at my dealer

WHIPPLE5.7

LawnSite Senior Member
Who cares. There are many other 32s on the market. Screw belt drive anyway. Get a Wright 32 or a Everride/Gravely 34 stander. Way better unit for $1,500 more.

OP
mowerdude777

mowerdude777

LawnSite Silver Member
Who cares. There are many other 32s on the market. Screw belt drive anyway. Get a Wright 32 or a Everride/Gravely 34 stander. Way better unit for $1,500 more.
I think I am going for a used metro 32 or 36 I only have a couple gated yards so I do not need a stander for gated yards

DLAWNS

LawnSite Fanatic

That is incorrect information. They did for the last few years advertise a 32" mower. I would know because when I started my company three years ago my dealer showed it to me in the booklet and I than purchased it. And the 32" may not be for everyone but I could show you at least three (off hand) hoses that we maintain that will fit a 32" and not a 36". Sure I lose 4" on a couple yards but we only use the 32" on a few houses anyway.

On their website it use to say that they made the metro in 32 36 and 48 but now only says 36 and 48
You are very correct and thanks for the Exmark update!