1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Lazer size question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AuburnGuy, Mar 2, 2004.

1. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking at Z's lately, and decided I will by and Exmark when and if i purchase one. My question is that It would be used mostly on residential yards less than 15k square feet. I was thinking about the 44", but the 48 or 52" may be about the same. We have a lot of hills in alabama so not all yards are flat. I just thought the 44 may be easier to maneuver in hilly, tight spaces. Any thoughts from experience would be appreciated.

2. MY PUPPY

MY PUPPY LawnSite Member
    from mass.

I use two 52 inch lazer z hp they can mow large or small yards
    and they are great on hills lots of hills up here too.

3. exmarklover

exmarklover LawnSite Member
    from midwest

What kind of hills are we talking about?

4. AuburnGuy

I don't mean huge hills, i just mean a lot of yards around here are not flat and seem have a lot of tight spots that may be hard to maneuver.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

52 HP can hold hills. I mean hills. Anyway...the 52" is perfect for residential lawns. I'm mostly in residential work and I've bought 2 52" hp's over the last few years.

6. lawndude2004

lawndude2004 LawnSite Member

I say always go with a 60"- it has a wider wheelbase to handle hills, and being a zero turn it has the same maneuverabilty.
    Always go exmark. the sixty inch cuts much more area divided out over a day/week

7. GREENANDYELLOW

GREENANDYELLOW LawnSite Member

War Eagle! I have found that all z mowers hold a hill to an extent, but when you get into a full size mower(lazer z, turf tiger, john deere 737/757) it has better traction.

8. AuburnGuy

Thanks guys. I'm not overly concerned about the hills. I have a wb and push if i can't ride. I'm just trying to see what size woud be the best for Residentials with small hills and tight areas 44, 48, or 52.

9. AuburnGuy

Oh and War Eagle Green and Yellow.

10. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

I have a the 52" hp and love It. I would say if you have a wb and a push to do the area's that "might" not be able to be done with the z, go with the 52". Plus resale will be alot easier with a 52" vs a 48" especially in a Z.