Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think you have to decide what you will be expecting from the mower. I changed over to a snapper 21" commercial from a Honda commercial. I've had Exmark and Toro commercial, and they do an excellent job mulching. They weigh in at what the Honda weighs. I wanted a mower that would bag well, hold up to my use, and be lighter thatn the Honda commercial. The honda, with oil and gas weighed in at 130 plus pounds, the snapper is under 80 pounds. If I were muclhing I don't know what I would have done. I used the Honda to mulch a time or two and it didn't do well. I told I had the wrong deck, mine was turned under. The Snapper isn't a mulcher either, at least that is my opinion.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My exmark and toro 21's do an excellent job at either mulching or bagging. The exmark a little better at mulching. They are bullet proof as well. They are a little heavy, 120 lbs. I think? but doesn't matter as they just go up the ramp into my trailer's. Love the kawi motor's. Have never had an issue,

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I have both. My toro proline is an awsome mulcher and bagger. It is a very easy to use idiot proof mower. The snapper is also a great mower but sucks at mulching even with the kit, but is awsome at bagging unless the grass is very overgrown and/or wet. Both mowers would serve you well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.