1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark or Scag

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dutchman, Mar 4, 2007.

1. dutchman

dutchman LawnSite Member
    from CT

I am looking at a 52" Turftracer HP or a 52" Scag fixed deck what do you guys thinks is the better machine.

Dutchman

2. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Not an exact comparison ,but I had a Exmark w/b and now I have a Scagw/b. Both are excellent, I liked the ECS controls better on the Exmark but the Scag stripes better. Both cut excellent. I really don't think you can go wrong with either ,so I would go with the dealer that can support you better.

3. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Why do people use pistol grip walks when there are such better options available? I am really surprised scag hasn't tried to come up with their own drive system on a walkbehind.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

well i have always run the pistol grips, and just last year picked up an exmark with the ECS grips and i hate them, they are alot harder to lift the mower when your going over a rock ro something, ill agree they are easier on the hands, but i;d rater be able to push down on the bars to lift the deck then be alittle more comfy.

5. dutchman

dutchman LawnSite Member
    from CT

Both dealers are good but the Exmark is with a floading deck and the scag is not and the scag is a few Hundred more. I know the scag has a fkoading deck but that price is way to high for me.