1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Quest is slow

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Knukey, May 12, 2009.

1. Knukey

Knukey LawnSite Member

I have a new Exmark Quest 48"/22hp B&S ELS (14 hours) that is running forward slower than it should. The brochures and salesmen told me it would run 7 mph. The best I could get on flat ground with NO blades engaged was 5.7 mph (per my GPS) and while cutting 8-10" grass it would not pass 5.2 mph again on flat ground. Is there something wrong/adjustment required or am I just another victim of deceptive advertising?

The hyrdro filter is new since the mower is new but I did need to add about 3 ounces in the reservoir before I did my test since it was low.

I tried to adust the tracking per the manual, but it would not adjust.

Should I try the dealer; hopefully under the warranty?

Thanks.

2. Knukey

Knukey LawnSite Member

there are two adjustment rods connecting the steering to the hydros on boths sides. I marked them and turned them both clockwise (facing the front) and tried it out. I was running 6.8 - 7 mph. I hope this helps someone else since I had to figure it out myself. Pay it forward I guess.

3. matt9923

matt9923 LawnSite Member
    from CT

Good to see you fixed it. Did it get slower or was it like that when you got it?
    Matt