Exmark Radius-E 48”

pdgregory

LawnSite Member
I found an Exmark Radius-E with a 48”
Deck. It’s in decent shape, runs good, needs new blades, 640 hrs. He wanted $2999, I was thinking more like $2500. What do you all think is a fair price?
Anyone know how these are holding up to use as this one has 640 hrs. already? They have 2800 hydros, and a 809cc, 24hp Exmark branded OHV twin motor. How long do these hydros, and spindles (sealed) usually last?

it may be overkill, as I only cut mine and a few neighbors 1/4 acre yards. I was using a riding mower but it bit the dust. I’m in Fl. and it hot and humid as hell, so I don’t want to walk. Mostly well watered and fertilized thick St. Augustine grass.

OP
P

pdgregory

LawnSite Member
Yes, dual carb designed by Exmark. I read most Kohlers are made in China also.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
It should have plenty of life left in it. If it's in good shape I think the asking price is fair. No harm in trying to get it cheaper though. Not sure what spindles are on it but I sold my Exmark Lazer Z HP with 1,800 hours on it and original spindles. The spindles on my Exmark Turf Tracer HP are original as well - 20 years old and an estimated 3,000 hours on it.

Yeah it's a Chinese Loncin engine. Everything I've heard about them says they're good engines.

I love Exmarks! I just bought my third unit, a new 2021 Turf Tracer S to replace my 2001 unit - bad engine.

OP
P

pdgregory

LawnSite Member
It should have plenty of life left in it. If it's in good shape I think the asking price is fair. No harm in trying to get it cheaper though. Not sure what spindles are on it but I sold my Exmark Lazer Z HP with 1,800 hours on it and original spindles. The spindles on my Exmark Turf Tracer HP are original as well - 20 years old and an estimated 3,000 hours on it.

Yeah it's a Chinese Loncin engine. Everything I've heard about them says they're good engines.

I love Exmarks! I just bought my third unit, a new 2021 Turf Tracer S to replace my 2001 unit - bad engine.
Thanks for the info. Good to hear the motor and spindles last if taken care of. Are you happy with the quality of the cut fo residential mowing? Do you have a mulching kit or do you side discharge?

OP
P

pdgregory

LawnSite Member
Just realized the Lazer Z is a full blown commercial mower, so you probable have the best hydro unit and motor. I’m kicking it around buying the Radius E. New ones are $5200 + tax, so I’m thinking of offering $2500 due to the 640 hrs. on it. I’m hoping the 3 series deck gives a decent cut. I won’t know until I put new blades on it.

Freaky Fido

LawnSite Bronze Member
Just realized the Lazer Z is a full blown commercial mower, so you probable have the best hydro unit and motor. I’m kicking it around buying the Radius E. New ones are $5200 + tax, so I’m thinking of offering $2500 due to the 640 hrs. on it. I’m hoping the 3 series deck gives a decent cut. I won’t know until I put new blades on it.
My Lazer Z HP was a mid-sized unit similar to the Radius but had hydro pumps and wheel motors instead of the integrated transaxles. I almost got the Radius X when I bought a new Z but got a Bob-Cat instead because that dealer is awesome.

I have the series 3 deck on my new Turf Tracer S. It cuts very well, as did the trivantage decks on my other 2 machines. I think they actually renamed the trivantage deck the series 3. They're not the best for wet conditions but do well in with my cool season grasses. Good vacuum.

Buying and Exmark is like buying a Toyota...you almost can't go wrong.

Top Forums