Exmark radius s perplexing issue

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
Sorry that I misunderstood your situation, thought you were trying to repair yourself.I can see your concern. Unless you can be there at the dealer cutting grass around the dealership, I doubt they will find the problem. The technician is probably letting it run workout loading the engine with the deck cutting and the wheel motors not being used. If there is a heat sensitive problem, just don’t see a correction unless they get lucky. Any way you could start discussing a resolution involving a generous trade in on another unit? Lemon law in your state? Hope the Exmark tech representative is being kept in the loop. The one sentence in the post above you stated that the engine just stopped, that’s something to share with the mechanic as it sounds like the safety circuit is shutting the engine off, like turning the key off? Could be a bad switch, pinched or chaffed wire or a module if it has one. Wish you luck, hope they can figure it out.

OP
K

Kentucky fan

LawnSite Member
Sorry that I misunderstood your situation, thought you were trying to repair yourself.I can see your concern. Unless you can be there at the dealer cutting grass around the dealership, I doubt they will find the problem. The technician is probably letting it run workout loading the engine with the deck cutting and the wheel motors not being used. If there is a heat sensitive problem, just don’t see a correction unless they get lucky. Any way you could start discussing a resolution involving a generous trade in on another unit? Lemon law in your state? Hope the Exmark tech representative is being kept in the loop. The one sentence in the post above you stated that the engine just stopped, that’s something to share with the mechanic as it sounds like the safety circuit is shutting the engine off, like turning the key off? Could be a bad switch, pinched or chaffed wire or a module if it has one. Wish you luck, hope they can figure it out.

I'm not sure about lemon laws on stuff other than cars in Kentucky however I would hope exmark would make it right without me having to resort to legal recourse. However I am to the point that my next discussion with the dealer will involve asking for their reps contact information and directly consulting with him. However I am also going to call a larger dealer an hour away in Ashland and ask for their advice as well as they see more volume and may be able to help a little more. If it comes to it though and no recourse is offered I'm sure the attorney General would be able to help.

The way it dies seems to be different than if you trip one of the safety sensors in that when a sensor is tripped it is more gradual taking maybe a full second to cut out. When this issue occurs it is instantaneous. As you said unless the tech takes it and mows for several hours they won't be able to recreate the problem which is the frustrating part.

Regardless I greatly appreciate your time in posting thoughts on this issue.

Top Forums