1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

exmark recall notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by promower, Apr 8, 2003.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Link doesn't work.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, the highly publicized and highly posted muffler. ;)
    Thanks.

5. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

If its that muffler thing ,I'll pass,The muffler change robs about 1 hp from the engine,I guess you would never notice it on a brand new machine with it already installed but to have it done after you have used it ,it would make a big differance.

6. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

The reason they back fire is they are shut off too fast. They should let idle for a minute before they are shut off.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't realize this would take any power away. Is this actually a PROVEN thing? Or is it something the Bob the mechanic might have conjured up? I would almost be inclined to think that more backpressure would actually help, not hinder. And is it a whole hp? I would really like to know this....:confused:

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

BS!!!!!!

I had mine done and it did nothing to power. It did make it quieter though.

Also, it is NOT a muffler change. You keep your existing muffler. They add more pipe to bring it to the top. That is all!

9. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

I was told by 2 different Toro and Exmark dealers,And beleive me they don't communicate,Ask your rep and see what they say

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Ask them what? If they replace the muffler? They don't, I have it done already.