Exmark series 4 and 6 decks.

olebrooklawn

LawnSite Member
I own lazer Z E series 4 deck. Leaves a awesome cut on good grass but sucks on bahia. How is the series 6 deck? Im thinking its bout the same thing with a higher price.

LaLawnGuy

LawnSite Member
I've read here that the only difference is beefier spindles on the UC6.
Exmark dealer here told me the same thing. Exmarks around here seem to do well on Bahia, and we have a lot! Might check deck pitch. I hate to promote, but all 3 different mower brands that own cut Bahia better after I started using a Magnamatic. That is they hold an edge much better, later in the day=more Bahia cut, quicker!
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
O

olebrooklawn

LawnSite Member
Exmark dealer here told me the same thing. Exmarks around here seem to do well on Bahia, and we have a lot! Might check deck pitch. I hate to promote, but all 3 different mower brands that own cut Bahia better after I started using a Magnamatic. That is they hold an edge much better, later in the day=more Bahia cut, quicker!
Posted via Mobile Device
What does the pitch needs to be?

LaLawnGuy

LawnSite Member
That's the kicker, dealers are supposed to check and set up all mowers. Some don't, and sometimes mowers just get out of spec. Most operator manuals tell how and how much to pitch them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Greyst1

Banned
Every exmark dealer i've met have provided to be useless to me! 6 series has triton spindles and its' 6" deep as opposed to the 4 series which is 5.5 inches deep.