• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Exmark sprayer has me Spoiled...

grass4gas

LawnSite Bronze Member
I had to use my ground logic Pathfinder today as I Had to use my carrier rack to treat a couple of lawns where I cannot get a truck and trailer into. This is the first time since I’ve had the X mark where I have had to use the ground logic to treat lawns. I fire it up every so often just to make sure it works the way it should.

All I can say is no comparison. It’s amazing how spoiled you get when you have one of these machines, whether it be the X Mark, Z spray, steel green or any other Hydro powered sprayer.

After not using it for the year and a half, it really didn’t hit me as to how much of a pain in the ass my Ground Logic is to operate until today on a couple lawns with obstacles. Put in gear, then stop to put it in reverse, then slide the lever back to first gear. When spraying, you have to squeeze and hold the trigger on the left. Then stop, increase engine speed so you can use the spray wand in tight spots, then back in gear...OMG.

Once I needed to upgrade, I started out with the PG Centri then the Ground Logic XC Pathfinder, then added the smaller Pathfinder. All total 20 something years with these machine.

Last year I bought the X Mark and was a little intimidated at first. But after putting 40-50 hours on it on all types off lawns, I got real comfortable. No looking back now.

My point in telling this is if you are really looking for ease of operation and production, a hydro powered machine is the way to go hands down.

Just thought I would share if someone out there is in the market to upgrade

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
I had to use my ground logic Pathfinder today as I Had to use my carrier rack to treat a couple of lawns where I cannot get a truck and trailer into. This is the first time since I’ve had the X mark where I have had to use the ground logic to treat lawns. I fire it up every so often just to make sure it works the way it should.

All I can say is no comparison. It’s amazing how spoiled you get when you have one of these machines, whether it be the X Mark, Z spray, steel green or any other Hydro powered sprayer.

After not using it for the year and a half, it really didn’t hit me as to how much of a pain in the ass my Ground Logic is to operate until today on a couple lawns with obstacles. Put in gear, then stop to put it in reverse, then slide the lever back to first gear. When spraying, you have to squeeze and hold the trigger on the left. Then stop, increase engine speed so you can use the spray wand in tight spots, then back in gear...OMG.

Once I needed to upgrade, I started out with the PG Centri then the Ground Logic XC Pathfinder, then added the smaller Pathfinder. All total 20 something years with these machine.

Last year I bought the X Mark and was a little intimidated at first. But after putting 40-50 hours on it on all types off lawns, I got real comfortable. No looking back now.

My point in telling this is if you are really looking for ease of operation and production, a hydro powered machine is the way to go hands down.

Best rack able machine out there.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
I run a Pathfinder now. And next year will be going to a hydro machine. So....I agree. My biggest thing with a gear shift is that you wear out the shift burr by kicking it. Whoever thought the kick shift was a good idea is nuts. The Centri had it right with a hand shift.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic

Well I mean to put it in perspective how was your ground logic compared to dragging hose?

OP
grass4gas

grass4gas

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well I mean to put it in perspective how was your ground logic compared to dragging hose?
Never did liquid lawn apps. Only time I have to drag a hose is for tree/shrub treatments and that is a PITA most times.

Yes, I would say that any ride on would be better then dragging a hose. But man, once I got acclimated to this machine— game over.

The price point between the GL and the exmark was only about $3,000.00 more; peanuts when you have enough work to justify buying one.

lawn king

LawnSite Silver Member
Im a big fan of hydros, but i prefer a gear tranny in spreader sprayers. I will however demo a stinger machine next spring.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
Never did liquid lawn apps. Only time I have to drag a hose is for tree/shrub treatments and that is a PITA most times.

Yes, I would say that any ride on would be better then dragging a hose. But man, once I got acclimated to this machine— game over.

The price point between the GL and the exmark was only about $3,000.00 more; peanuts when you have enough work to justify buying one.
I have to say that Exmark did it’s due diligence in there spreader sprayer. They tested it with Ken Harland in Nebraska if I remember correctly. Three years before they released it to us. If you want a very productive machine that can ride on a B&B rack then this is it. With brown tips it treats Over two acres. Then you can put 175lb in the hopper. Then if you have a dealer near you that knows anything about this machine your good to go. I have the Toro version of this machine and love it. I have one machine with 800 hours and plan to keep it for at least another 1000 hours. There that well built. Change the oil wash it hit it with WD 40 make sure the bolts are tight and your good to go. Oh ya grease it. Also I get these machine for 9500. They pay for themselves in a month.

OP
grass4gas

grass4gas

LawnSite Bronze Member
I bought one last year cause of your recommendation. Just turned 500 hours last week. Oil gets changed every 100 hours. Greased every 50 hours.

Only issues I have had were minor; throttle cable and one of the nuts that hold the steering rods came off. I’ve since put two nylon nuts on each one. No problems since.

Not interested in rackable. I carry and use A LOT of different products and want to be able to cover anything that comes up, so I use a 16’ enclosed trailer. Spring and fall, I carry my exmark spreader/sprayer, exmark ride on aerator, exmark slit seeder and my lawn solutions walk behind core aerator. Being solo, I need to have those to avoid having to back track. Plus, protection from the elements Is an added bonus.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
What is the liquid capacity on the Sexmark?