Exmark spreader sprayer

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
Gas the engine should be a Kohler. It does start weird. For sure. I use brown tips spraying at 30 psi. I get just under two acres of spray per fill. I use the toro version. Atm this is the best rackable machine out there till the stinger comes out. I have over a thousand hours on these machines. My biggest issue with the toro was the pin that holds the impeller on the machine. I replaced with a cotter pin works like a charm. In the late spring I vacuum the machine out daily because I use quite a bit of fertilizers with iron. I wash and WD-40 the machine daily till the late fall. Then I do it every other day. After two years you will need new tires. You will need a new impeller every year. Besides that the machine is the best rackable machine out there.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
For my big lawn day I trailer two toro spreader sprayers and destroy the huge lawn day. Love those machines. End of the year and I only have a few days of work left. So I have time to stalk the forums lol. WAiting for the wife to get out of the bathroom ugh.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
also if you are using half gallon tips what psi are you spraying at. In the exmark video Von Shelia states it needs to be at 40 psi. Using browns i spray at 30 psi. Can someone clarify this for me. I want to spray with whites but what psi are you all spraying at?

OP
grass4gas

grass4gas

LawnSite Senior Member
Yea, Mine has the kohler. Not sure why I thought it was a briggs.

I have the white tips at 40 psi. I just go slower. I also don’t broadcast all the time, just spot treat mostly.

When I calibrate, I am at 30 seconds per thousand and getting approximately 31 oz from each tip.

No issues with the pin holding the impeller yet. I also wash down the machine daily

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
Yea, Mine has the kohler. Not sure why I thought it was a briggs.

I have the white tips at 40 psi. I just go slower. I also don’t broadcast all the time, just spot treat mostly.

When I calibrate, I am at 30 seconds per thousand and getting approximately 31 oz from each tip.

No issues with the pin holding the impeller yet. I also wash down the machine daily
Might be a different design with the toro. The clip pin was a pain

tbtigers

LawnSite Member
Ever sprayed prodiamine wdg out of the exmark?

So gas I like the simplicity look of the GL and do not plan on using the machine “so much” for spraying. Mainly for 2 granular apps per year. Would that change your mind on selection?

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
Ever sprayed prodiamine wdg out of the exmark?

So gas I like the simplicity look of the GL and do not plan on using the machine “so much” for spraying. Mainly for 2 granular apps per year. Would that change your mind on selection?
I've sprayed a lot of prodiamine out of an Exmark at 3k per, works great.

The GL machines are decent but they are rougher and don't run on slopes as well. The trim stop for the hopper on the Exmark is incredibly useful on smaller properties and tight spots too. I'd only consider one over an Ex/Toro if everything I did was flat, large, and granular.