Exmark spreader sprayer

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
I've sprayed a lot of prodiamine out of an Exmark at 3k per, works great.

The GL machines are decent but they are rougher and don't run on slopes as well. The trim stop for the hopper on the Exmark is incredibly useful on smaller properties and tight spots too. I'd only consider one over an Ex/Toro if everything I did was flat, large, and granular.
What psi are you running when you spray?

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
What psi are you running when you spray?
30 with the whites. If I can't maintain 30 I check filters and if that's not the problem I deep clean with a product called All-Clear. I also deep clean with All-Clear every week when using it.

I had trouble with accumulation and maintaining pressure, mainly from prodiamine and quinclorac, until I started using a cleanser called All-Clear. I believe it's happening in the regulator and probably the main reason the newer units have a larger hole in the dash so it can be disassembled in place.

OP
grass4gas

grass4gas

LawnSite Senior Member
Ever sprayed prodiamine wdg out of the exmark?

So gas I like the simplicity look of the GL and do not plan on using the machine “so much” for spraying. Mainly for 2 granular apps per year. Would that change your mind on selection?
I would get the the smaller pathfinder which is the one I still use occasionally. It’ll save you about $3000 or so over the exmark. As I said, it is a good machine. It will be a good machine for you. Been using a GL for 6 years. This is the first year using the exmark. I just wanted to upgrade to another level. That being said, depending on the stinger machine reviews for a year or two, I might buy one of those

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
30 with the whites. If I can't maintain 30 I check filters and if that's not the problem I deep clean with a product called All-Clear. I also deep clean with All-Clear every week when using it.

I had trouble with accumulation and maintaining pressure, mainly from prodiamine and quinclorac, until I started using a cleanser called All-Clear. I believe it's happening in the regulator and probably the main reason the newer units have a larger hole in the dash so it can be disassembled in place.
Gary are you calibrated for 5.2 mph at 30 psi for whites? atm the weather is horrible here to try and calibrate with the standard tips. Also i winterized the spray system by adding 10 gallon of RV anti freeze. So i will calibrate in March. Also how are you getting the cover for the drain for the tank off. That plastic cover seems to strip. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
  1. note: The red and white nozzles installed on this sprayer have a normal operating pressure of 40 psi (2.8 bar).

2. Align the graduated container under each nozzle for 19.7 seconds.
    Gary this is coming from the Manual. I guess you calibrated at a lower psi

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
Gary are you calibrated for 5.2 mph at 30 psi for whites? atm the weather is horrible here to try and calibrate with the standard tips. Also i winterized the spray system by adding 10 gallon of RV anti freeze. So i will calibrate in March. Also how are you getting the cover for the drain for the tank off. That plastic cover seems to strip. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Yeah, 30 psi at full throttle. After a few weeks of use I found they'd lose a little flow, so I was really running them at 30-33.

When I tested them at 40psi I was putting out like .38 gal per k? Never had a problem running the white, red, or grey at 30.

A 14mm or 9/16th wrench fits that plug. I never tightened it real tight or used a thread sealer on it, it looks to me like it would be really hard to damage or accidentally open that valve and it never failed me.

Hell I ran the machine many days without just because I forgot to put it back after cleaning the tank.

My machine was a bit slow, always measured 5mph even when I checked.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
I like running at 30 psi to be honest. At 40 seems like it was coming out way to much. I will recalibrate this spring. Thanks for the info.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Be prepared with the GL Pathfinder...if you put hours on it, you will wear out the kick shift burrs in the column and will have to rebuild it or potentially go to a new tranny if it gets too worn. Just plan on it.