Exmark spreader sprayer

tbtigers

LawnSite Member
Be prepared with the GL Pathfinder...if you put hours on it, you will wear out the kick shift burrs in the column and will have to rebuild it or potentially go to a new tranny if it gets too worn. Just plan on it.
how many times has this happened to you or heard of this happening?

OP
grass4gas

grass4gas

LawnSite Senior Member
I never expierenced a problem on my XC pathfinder during the 6years I had it, had around 1500 hours when I sold it last January. They have the peerless trany, so the are pretty tough.

If you “ease” the throttle instead of flooring it at the start, you should not have any issues, just normal wear and tear. Having said that, heavy loads and going up hills where you put a lot of strain on the tranny daily will shortened the life of the gears, but that is with anything that is getting stresses constantly

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
how many times has this happened to you or heard of this happening?
Twice now two Pathfinders. It's just the nature of the beast with those kickshifts, they take abuse.

tbtigers

LawnSite Member
Grass
Any thoughts on deciding between the pathfinder and the pathfinder XC? I’m leaning the bigger one (XC) but if the smaller one is way more nimbler then I might go that route. Hey!!! Thanks for all your help

Green Mentorship

LawnSite Senior Member
Be prepared with the GL Pathfinder...if you put hours on it, you will wear out the kick shift burrs in the column and will have to rebuild it or potentially go to a new tranny if it gets too worn. Just plan on it.
Surprised to hear you say anything bad about a machine you own.

Yes, the tranys will be kicked to the point where the bolt strips or damages the gear shift in the tranny. We had 8 or 9 at one time and they all did that as well as about half of them cracked the frame just under the engine. These ground logic machines are not made to take any significant usage.

OP
grass4gas

grass4gas

LawnSite Senior Member
Grass
Any thoughts on deciding between the pathfinder and the pathfinder XC? I’m leaning the bigger one (XC) but if the smaller one is way more nimbler then I might go that route. Hey!!! Thanks for all your help
Square footage of your lawns will give you your answer. The XC is nimble enough to use on small lawns, although it is top heavy on hills when fully loaded, just be aware of that.

You can’t really go wrong with either one. The XC isn’t all that bigger than the pathfinder. If you feel that there is going to be the possibility that you will be doing larger lawns in the near future, then go with the XC.

OP
grass4gas

grass4gas

LawnSite Senior Member
Green if I am correct had a pathfinder. Thinking he went to a exmark
I believe green was talking about DA’s response.

I still have my pathfinder as a backup but do carry both at times to be able to broadcast with two different products without emptying tanks