1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark Triton Cutting Platform

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stateline 1, May 9, 2006.

1. Stateline 1

Stateline 1 LawnSite Member

Is anybody using the new deck? How does it perform? Is it working well in the lush spring growth?

2. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

Well I have a 60 in triton and so far it has been doing fine. The only thing I don't like about it is that it will clog in wet tall grass. If the grass is damp(dew or mist) and not tall it will do fine no clogs. One thing I really like about it is nothing sticks to the deck. Going to get some extreme mulchers from exmark and try them. I have had real good success with them on my older mowers. Anyone else have tritons?

3. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Triton and havent experienced a clog yet. How does it clog when you say that nothing sticks to the deck? I think just about any mower that you mow sopping wet tall grass will clump the grass on the lawn. I think the Triton is great, it is similar to running doubles if you have ever done it. It throws the grass out about 4 ft. which makes the grass spread better when being discharged.

Jason

4. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I wanted to go Exmark with a Triton, but, went with the Toro due to the dealer being larger and have a larger service department with loaner mower if needed. I think the Turbo Force deck will perform quite well. Mine has a 52" cut and a 30HP Kohler. I pick it up on Friday.

5. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

If you mow grass that is soaking wet it will clog. Now I mean if you mow in the rain it is going to clog and stick to the deck. I don't think they make a deck that will handle grass while it is raining. Just my experience though. Don't get me wrong I think they are much better than the ultracuts but it still will not plug up when its raining.