Lawn Care Forum banner

Exmark Triton in Kentucky?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tacoma200 
#1 ·
I have talked to several owners and Exmark dealers about the new Triton deck and there doesn't seem to be the poblems here that others have reported. They were shocked or at least surprised that there was any negative reports on the decks. Most said after using the Ultracut and then getting on a Triton mower it was an improvement (some thought it was more of an improvement than others) but I didn't get any negative feedback. I'm just trying to be fair with all the negative feedback on the Exmarks I done some research and this is what I have found out locally so far. The LCO's in the larger towns are still buying Exmarks over other brands. I know that some of these dealers sell several brands so they have no reason to lie. They could sell you about any brand you wanted. I am not making light of some of you who are having problems and hope you get them resolved soon.

#2 ·
That's what I've heard, in other area's of the country people LOVE the triton and say it's a huge improvement over the ultra cut. I know in the hot season grass they're working extremely well (florida, texas, other southern states). Ahy, if they get on it and fix it soon I'll praise it all I can (if it actually performs). I'm not that bad a guy...just don't f me and we're good :D

#3 ·
I live in the Louisville, KY metro area and purchased an exmark 19/46 with the Triton deck. I could not be more impressed with the cut quality. My yard looks even better than before with my 21" honda harmony mulcher. I am not sure how else to describe it except to say that it leaves a cut as smooth and even as carpet. After mowing, I find myself admiring how nice it looks.

If you are looking for someone who is happy with the Triton, I definitely am. However, that being said, I too experienced the hydro leak around the right drive wheel. It has made a he## of mess on my garage floor.

#4 ·
kc2006 said:
That's what I've heard, in other area's of the country people LOVE the triton and say it's a huge improvement over the ultra cut. I know in the hot season grass they're working extremely well (florida, texas, other southern states). Ahy, if they get on it and fix it soon I'll praise it all I can (if it actually performs). I'm not that bad a guy...just don't f me and we're good :D
Yea KC2006 it's hard to get to the bottom of this. Some people are having great luck and some hate the new deck. I have never used one so I can't say for sure. The dealers I talked to yesterday were very suprised about the complaints I told them about and they are going to look them up on the Exmark forum here at Lawnsite. I wish you the best and hope they come through for you. If not maybe that Hustler will do better for you. Why so many complaints and praises is pretty confusing. Exmark has too much at stake not to get to the bottom of this and fix the problems some are having.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.