Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to buy a demo model 36"TTHP exmark with less than 15 hours on it for 3985. Is this a good deal or should I go with a new one for 4899? I am thinking the demo but would like some input if even the new price is a good price?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elephantnest, Might I ask where since they are wanting me to pay shipping from the regional rep. I would be more willing to pay shipping on a new machine if it only cost me 4199.00. This is the closest exmark dealer to me (70 mile drive at that) Next one is 300 miles away(that sucks) Dealer is good with parts for all of my other equiptment but wont budge on walk behind exmarks. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Originally posted by sildoc
I have the chance to buy a demo model 36"TTHP exmark with less than 15 hours on it for 3985. Is this a good deal or should I go with a new one for 4899? I am thinking the demo but would like some input if even the new price is a good price?
Thanks in advance.
$4,000, $ 4199, $ 4899 for a 36" WB?
add a couple grands you "ride" a Lazer HP, just think about it. Wouldn't it be a real saver? It doesn't take that long to make 2 K I know I will go with Lazer cause that rider will blow whatever hydro WB you've got now.
regards,

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by MTR
$4,000, $ 4199, $ 4899 for a 36" WB?
add a couple grands you "ride" a Lazer HP, just think about it.
Why is it that anytime a hydro walkbehind is mentioned, somebody says "go ahead and get a Lazer"? How many 36" ZTRs are there other than a Walker? What if he needs a 36"? Then what? What if most of his accounts are on hills that would turn a ZTR into something resembling a fair ride? What if his customers freak out over a big rider on their lawn? What if a person would rather stand than sit all day due to back problems or whatever? What if a person has employees and he feels like they will do less damage with a walkbehind than with a ZTR? Yes - the price of a hydro walkbehind is somewhat close to the price of a ZTR, but have you ever considered that sometimes a person NEEDS a hydro walkbehind and not a rider?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Georgia Grass man Has it correct. I wish here on the west coast that I had unlimited acres with no fences and gates. But most lawns I have have a 42" gate and only in the 4000-6000 sqft range. I would be lucky to get a lazer back there only if I had a crane.
Plus I could not imagine the look on my customer face when I took a lazer on there 1500 sqft frount lawn and left a circle in the middle. I would admit that a 21" might even be as quick on these type of lawns. They take me 25 min right now with 21 including blowing edging and trimming and would like to cut that down to 16 min or less.
Any ways a lazer is not always practicle.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
and yet you are willing to dump 4k on something that can save you only 9 min...(25-16) oh well, different areas and business. just a little chat, no pun intended. please get that 4k, 36"hydro WB and enjoy, simply ignore everything been said.

best regards,

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's a 36% decrease in time. In an 8 hour day, that is nearly 3 hrs. However, in reality, saving 9 minutes on just 10 yards a day is 1.5 hrs. Seems like enough justification, providing Sildoc is planning to increase his client base, or if he just want to get home to his love ones sooner.

Dollars does not always makes sense, but making sense of your dollars do.

Jay

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I paid $4100 for my TTHP 36" on a demo last year. It had about 15 hours on it as well. After tax, mulch kit, extra air and oil filter, and Jungle Wheels it was $4800. Money well spent. The prices up here in the Northwest are alot higher than they are in the rest of the nation. I say that's a good deal, go for it. I've got about 250 hrs on my TTHP and no problems. Awesome machine. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know 9 mins not much but with the forcast of showers (of new customers) on my buisness is tremendous. Right now I mow a little over 15 yards a day for 2 days straight. I have a potential (great one) to have over 40 new clients starting in march when the real season hits again. I know what why not now. Well Poupulation took a tremendous jump most of it being retirees.(sp) Most don't have yards in yet but are very interested. I figure 40 becuase in the last 3 months have talked to over 300 new potential clients in this same situation. Higher end houses only on 1/4-1/2 acre lots. minus the house that is roughly 2100-6000 sq ft. I am looking for a deal now so that I can be ready to jump instead of waiting for a new machine that I have to get used to. I figure in all of next year I will have paid for it at least once with saved time. Plus I like to fish and other things that well most of us don't get to do when the going is good.
Any ways a long story kinda short.
Thank you all that have replied. I do need to be kept in check sometimes.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Last fall I paid $3800 for mine with 15-20 hours on it. New here, at the time, they were selling for $4400 + tax. I bought mine out-of-state. No sales tax, but also, no warranty.

Have you tried to talk them down? You might try this before you make your decision. If you are buying from a dealer and geting a warranty....definetly I decent deal....IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.