• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Exmark Ultracut deck question

jaybow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Ok, here is the situation. I got a grass catcher for my exmark for the smaller yard and there is a bolt head right next to the discharge hole on the deck keeping the grass catcher from seating flat against the deck. Its one of 2 bolts holding on a small peace of angled metal that attaches right at the chute opening.Has anyone ever removed this before. Just wondering how much it will effect the cut or discharge of the clippings.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
If this flange is at the rear opening of the discharge chute then, yes, I have removed them. There seems to be a slight improvement in clipping dispersion with the flange removed.

OP
J

jaybow

LawnSite Bronze Member
If this flange is at the rear opening of the discharge chute then, yes, I have removed them. There seems to be a slight improvement in clipping dispersion with the flange removed.
That is what I wanted to hear. I assume you would get a wider spray of grass clippings. Thanks. Its a new mower and I felt funny about removing things off the deck. I also am gonna use a chute blocker at times and the bolt head was interfering with that also.

r.eckley

LawnSite Member
I have removed the piece you are talking about & could not tell much diff. If you are concerned about taking it out take a hand grinder & grind a notch in the catcher for the bolt to fit in.