Exmark vantage 48” or Lazer z 48”

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Prefectturfnj, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Prefectturfnj

Prefectturfnj LawnSite Member

So I’m just starting out with commercial lawn maintenance on my own , been in the industry for 12+ years

Today I stopped by the local mower repair / sales place and they had a

exmark vantage 48 with 800 hrs on it for 3k

and a exmark Lazer 48” zero turn with 100 hours for 4K

Any input on are these machines good ?
    Anyone who uses exmark how do you like them ?

we always used wright standers at the company but I would like to go exmark or John deer

2. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Gonna be honest, I have a 60” Vantage.. and I’m pretty disappointed in it..it has 890 hours on it, only ran by me.. I’ve spent close to 2 grand in the last 150 hours for a slew of different repairs.. labors so expensive on them.. you have to completely disassemble the damn things to do anything to them..however! Just flat out running, mowing.. I’m faster on the stander, it’s lighter weight, takes up less trailer space, etc.. but, I won’t buy another one

Prefectturfnj likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Prefectturfnj

Thank you I appreciate the honesty
    I talked with a ex mark rep today at a trade show and he flat out told me go with the Lazer Z over the vantage

4. Tyler Moss

Tyler Moss LawnSite Member
    from Topeka

For a 48" i would go with the stander. There's nothing a ZT can do that a stander cant, however there is a few lawns a ZT is to big for or hills to steep that a stander can do. ZT's have there place but a stander is a better do it all mower in my opinion which is great for someone just starting out. I dont know the exmark design well but i know my wright is fairly easy to work on unlike what the guy above said. Maybe check out a John Deere stander. There design is similar to Wrights.

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I have the same mower. Just changing the oil filter is a challenge.

6. OP
    OP
    Prefectturfnj

Thanks for the input
    Ended up with a brand new John deer 48” walk behind instead

MILLC and douglee25 like this.
  7. douglee25

douglee25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TX

That was fast!

Prefectturfnj likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Prefectturfnj

haha it was a really good deal , always been a big fan of Deere , the machine ran phenomenaly so it was hard to pass up . Came with a great warranty and loaner program to prevent down time . Not a big fan of the way the deck adjust but it will get me through for now until I pick up a stander or ride on . Most of my houses are small so the walk behind will do good for a few months

MILLC and douglee25 like this.
  9. Stanton Lawn Services

Stanton Lawn Services LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Is it the WH48 or a W48?