Exmark Vantage Full Review and Pics

OP
J

JLC Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks for the info.... You said you're 6'.... Im 6'3", I'd be looking at the X-series with the ECS controls. I just wonder how much of a difference that makes. Is is shorter than the TT? I wonder if that's why it doesn't have any traction on hills using it as a WB? That's interesting....

Why the x-series? I hadnt decided on controls and my dealer advised against the x-series (ecs controls) because of the maneuverability and turf tearing. Now that I have the s-series Im glad i took his advice because of the maneuverability difference.

Compared to the TT the controls are higher up when standing on the ground, but standing on the platform they are about the same height

gcbailey

LawnSite Gold Member
Why the x-series? I hadnt decided on controls and my dealer advised against the x-series (ecs controls) because of the maneuverability and turf tearing. Now that I have the s-series Im glad i took his advice because of the maneuverability difference.

Compared to the TT the controls are higher up when standing on the ground, but standing on the platform they are about the same height

I was basing my statement from hand height on a WB, the ECS has a great natural feel for me and my height.

Comparing the S vs. X on Exmark's site, the X-series has 14cc pumps and from experience with the Z's on hillsides and slopes that does make a difference.

whiffyspark

LawnSite Fanatic
I was basing my statement from hand height on a WB, the ECS has a great natural feel for me and my height.

Comparing the S vs. X on Exmark's site, the X-series has 14cc pumps and from experience with the Z's on hillsides and slopes that does make a difference.

Our dealer said S as well. Ecs on vantage is nothing like walk behind. I think it's uncomfortable and I'm 6 foot.

I'll be going with an S. I wouldn't worry about the pump size. Vantage ain't all that great on hills. If you want a good hills home go to JD/wright. Been meaning to try a pro stance. You can stand on the fenders
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Our dealer said S as well. Ecs on vantage is nothing like walk behind. I think it's uncomfortable and I'm 6 foot.

I'll be going with an S. I wouldn't worry about the pump size. Vantage ain't all that great on hills. If you want a good hills home go to JD/wright. Been meaning to try a pro stance. You can stand on the fenders
Posted via Mobile Device

my vantages are great on hills. I can go on some that my 4 wd lawn tractor cant climb

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member

one nice thing with the s controls is that if you have a ton of sidewalks you can use you backpack blower at the same time and get them done fast without walking

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
How much do you weigh? Lol.

I'm sure it'll climb anything. It's side hilling we need to do
Posted via Mobile Device

220. we go on some steep side hills. yes cross ways. and angles. one we did last night was a mulch bed/berm so its spongy. only time I slide is if I don't care which is rare. such as if we are cutting a county ditch or something like that

whiffyspark

LawnSite Fanatic
220. we go on some steep side hills. yes cross ways. and angles. one we did last night was a mulch bed/berm so its spongy. only time I slide is if I don't care which is rare. such as if we are cutting a county ditch or something like that

Yeah I got a good amount of weight on you. Wonder if that's the difference. I prefer the wright/JD being over the wheels
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yeah I got a good amount of weight on you. Wonder if that's the difference. I prefer the wright/JD being over the wheels
Posted via Mobile Device

it could be. not sure. I had wrights and the old john deere design. both I had the same problem. every time I would get in a dip and needed to back up I couldn't. other than that I don't really notice much between them all. for hills that is

Top Forums