1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark vantage stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PORTER 05, Apr 24, 2010.

1. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey was wondering if anyone has bought this and used it for commercial use. I have 2 exmarks and they work great and want to buy this machine in 52"-23 engine. Any idea on the price would be great too , thanks.

2. B.O.S.man

B.O.S.man LawnSite Member

I think its become my new favorite mower. It took a few days to get use to the controls, but its real comfortable to operate, very little operator fatigue.

3. Josh32RVP

Josh32RVP LawnSite Member

Just bought one today and it took me a few minutes to get used to the controls but if you have ever driven a ZTR, you will catch on quickly!!! I love the mower, cut several lawns today and it's awesome. I got the 52" with the Kawasaki 24hp. That son of gun can hold a hill, it really surprised me what it could do!!!! Good luck on getting one and I truly believe that it's will be a more efficient mower on commercial properties once you get used to the controls!!

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

exmark is offering it in the new style kawi engines , 20 and 24, as opposed to the 19 and 23 older style on the Grandstand. I've run the 20 and unless you are trying to cut grass a foot tall at full speed, don't see much of a need for the 24. Just more operating cost with the extra fuel consumption.

5. lilweeds

lilweeds LawnSite Senior Member

Toro is using the new motors as well

6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I have one, it's a good mower. If you do a title search for Vantgage, you'll find a fairly long thread that I started on it.

Long story short, it doesn't replace a walk-behind but it's a great mower on the right type of property.

7. lawnguy224

lawnguy224 LawnSite Member

I just purchased 2 Toro Grandstands and love them, totally speed up my day, great quailty of cut