Exmark Vantage x series review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GQLL, Jul 25, 2013.

1. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

First off i want to give a shout out to my exmark dealer, Bobcat of Tidewater. Gary and Carter are easy to work with and they care about you wither you buying parts to a fully loaded bobcat. We picked up the vantage on Tuesday. Decided to go with the 48 series 4 deck with a mulch kit. For those that say exmark cut is horrible when it is wet, i have to disagree. Any mower will have problems mowing in wet conditions, but i was surprised cutting with it today after a heavy rain that it left a nice cut with one pass . The ecs control are easy to get use to, and i like them better over the z controls The whole machine felt well balanced, the operator platform absorbed the bumps well. I was a little concerned without any antiscalp wheels how it would do, but the machine being compact didn't have a problem. The mulch kit left a clean cut without dealing with clippings. After running wright standers i have to say i am an exmark fan all the way.

vantage.jpg

2. exmarkman11

exmarkman11 LawnSite Member

Exmarks do cut terrible when wet

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

I agree and there's one on my trailer right now with a series 4 deck to prove it. I'm Scag Vrides all the way. Exmark still makes the best WB if only we could put an advantage deck under it.

4. GQLL

Well like I said I disagree yes maybe side discharge you have to double cut to bust up clumps. But that with most mowers. I'm running the mulching kit and it left the same cut as dry.

5. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Where did you get that?? Haven't seen a vantage with ecs. In the Hampton roads area you are relatively flat ( grew up in Va Bch). If you have hills the vantage is still junk. We don't cut enough fescue down here to really tell but the 36 with no anti scalp wheels scalps the hell out of Bermuda at 2". Not a fan even with the ecs controls.

6. GQLL

The only hills we deal with are along the james river. Were cutting at 3 inches and haven't had a problem

7. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

The smaller decks like the 48" throw the wet grass better (still not good) than the bigger decks. The 60" and 72" ultracuts clump heavily in wet grass.

8. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Interesting. Own a 48" and a 60". My 48" clumps far worse than the 60".

9. GQLL

I own a 60 and the 48. If the grass is that wet that it clumping bad you shouldn't be cutting it. But I do see on the 60 that double cutting is required to disperse clippings for a nice finish cut. But I had a worse problem with the wright deck. It would pack it full if the dew was heavy.

10. nylesedwards

nylesedwards LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying a 60" vantage. what are your reviews on yours