After thousands of service hours (>6,000) and eleven years of service, one of my hydro pumps started leaking. The machine is used every day in the business, and is vital to the operation. I do not have a backup machine. I made the replacement Saturday evening, and have a question for those who are mechanics and do these kinds of tasks every day. The replacement task went pretty well (for somebody who has never done one before), with one exception. I had great difficulty getting off one of the 3/8" tubes from a nipple. I've attached some pics of the nipple, about 1" (or a bit longer), with a bulb at the end. The tubing was slipped over the nipple, and held in place with a spring clamp. I took off all other attachments to the pump, and the spring clip. But, the tubing would not slip off the nipple, without great force. With the pump free of other connections, and free from the mounting bolts, I was able to rotate it. My hope was the rotation would free it enough to pull off the tubing. In the end, I pushed off the tubing with a screwdriver, but did some damage to the end of the tubing. The damage was minor. After getting the old pump out, and switching the fittings from the old pump to the new one, I was now confronted with the reverse action -- getting the tubing back onto the nipple. Again, this proved to be very difficult. The tubing is very thick walled, hence very stiff. My question is pretty simple: What is the best way to get these tubes off the long, bulbous nipples? And, of course, the reverse action, how to get them back on? Remember, the envelope of space is rather limited, and hand access is not the greatest. So leverage is not very good. The pics below show some of the procedure. The first one is with the tubing still attached to the nipple. The second one shows the old pump out, being held in vice, for removal of the fitting with the nipple. The entire process took about three hours. But, the most time was spent with the nipple/tube problem -- more than one hour combined for the removal and reinstall. The rest of the procedure was very straight forward, requiring only simple hand tools I had in my toolbox. As a side note, I learned something about these pumps that may be useful for others who have not had the replacement experience. The pump in my machine is a BDP-10L-117, made by Hydro Gear. This pump is used (perhaps in older w/b mowers) for a variety of brands. The Exmark dealers did not have a pump in stock, but a Scag dealer had four of them. I learned the same pump is used in Bunton, Exmark, Scag, and some others. Also, I found online a chart with information about the pump. The BDP-10L is a model, with a family of choices. The 117 suffix denotes particular options on that pump. The options include features such as check valve size, orifice sizes, CW or CCW rotation, shaft configuration (e.g. keyed, tapered keyed, splined), etc. The point is the 117 suffix is important in getting a replacement. Having a BDP-10L series pump is not sufficient for having the right replacement pump for the mower.