1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

exmark vs. scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by will123, Jan 20, 2004.

1. will123

will123 LawnSite Member

I'm getting back into the buisness this year and I don't know if I want to get the Lazer Z or new scag tiger cub> anyone 's feedback would be appreicated!!!!:blob2:

2. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

My first mower was an exmark walk behind, which I still own. Last year I purchased my first scag rider (24h.p.Honda,52"deck). I am very pleased with my scag rider, as well as the scag wb I used most of the time last year. The reason I went with scag is primarily because of the dealer/service in my area. As far as quality I feel scag is just as good of a machine, if not better.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Both companies make great machines

4. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

Captaingreen how ya like the 24 horse honda on the cub . I just bought one after season was finished and have yet to put into production

5. do want a comparsion of the tiger cub and the lazer z hp or the full sized lazer.

ive owned both machines the hp and the cub

6. rotgg

rotgg LawnSite Member

exmark

7. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

wb eXmark or Scag. Z riders eXmark only.

8. CNE

CNE LawnSite Member

I have an Exmark 23HP Kohler, 52" cut and love it. Have not used a scag but I would buy another Exmark without question.

9. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

Boturf, very pleased with the 24hp. It has plenty of power and I also like the canister air filter. I used it on some fall cleanup and it never bogged down through thick piles of leaves, it just cuts right through. I've always been a fan of Honda engines.

10. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

Great !!!!!!! cant wait till spring to start running it , if its as dependable as my 2 walkbehinds i cant go wrong , i did make a striping kit for it with the 5 /16 chain just couldnt see paying 300.00 plus for it when all i have in the home made one is about 40 bucks