1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark vs. Toro

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by DillonsLawnCare, Jul 13, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

In your opinion, is exmark or toro better????

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I consider them both pretty much identical. Exmarks are used here much more often than Toro (or any other brand). John Deere is a close 2nd. We subcontract our mowing, and they mainly use Exmarks. I mow my 2-acre lawn as well as our one-acre office lawn with a John Deere 727-A....love it!

3. Poor College Kid Mowing

Poor College Kid Mowing LawnSite Member
    from NE

With Exmark being a Toro Company are there any big differences between them? Are they a lot like Husq/Yazoo/Dixon?

4. MOWALLTHETIME

MOWALLTHETIME LawnSite Member

I Personaly Run Scag, And A Few Snapper Walk Behinds But I See A Lot Of Exmarks In My Neck Of The Woods From What I Hear They Hold Up Well. The Larger Companies Like Service Master And Truegreen Use All Types Of Mowers But The Majority I See For Walk Behinds Are Exmark Or Bunton

5. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, here in the corn state(hehe) you see nothing but exmark. Now givin every once in awhile you will see some private guys running a toro or a scag. Almost all the big boys here run exmarks! The only one i know that doesn't is perficut(they run ferris), but they used to have exmark. All in all I don't feel you can't beet the qaulity of and exmark, but with that being said everyone has there own opinion!

6. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro may own Exmark but from what I understand they still compete like 2 separate companies. I prefer Exmark, they sell 2 to 1 over the next leading brand. I guess Toro figured if you can't beat'em, buy'em. :laugh:

7. awood0909

awood0909 LawnSite Member

go with the best support. here exmark is better so that is who i am going with from now on.