Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has an older exmark walk behind with a 12.5 kaw on it and this thing has us baffled . it always starts right up like it always has but it might run 2 minutes and die or it might run 30 minutes and die,then it will start right backup and run like a champ for a few minutes or several minutes then die again........please help.

·
Registered
958 Posts
my friend has an older exmark walk behind with a 12.5 kaw on it and this thing has us baffled . it always starts right up like it always has but it might run 2 minutes and die or it might run 30 minutes and die,then it will start right backup and run like a champ for a few minutes or several minutes then die again........please help.
Sometimes these machine just leave you scratching your head :confused:
Could I suggest checking the fuel tank vent, fuel supply or maybe even the coil.
Good luck Phil :usflag:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is your fuel filter clogged? I had a JD 445 that always had a problem with water in the fuel tank from condensation. The mower would run fine for a while then shut down. The water would pull up against the fuel filter screen. If it sat for a minute the water would fall down off the screen and let the fuel pass for a few minutes. I can't count how many times I limped through a yard/

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would check inside the fuel tank for debris(leaf, plastic, etc.) that is probably blocking the fuel outlet. Usually the junk will be at the bottom of the tank and then as the fuel is drawn from the tank it will get sucked onto the outlet and stall the mower, then float off once the suction is gone and you will be able to start the mower again, and this will go on and on until you remove the debris from the tank.

Good luck:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.