• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

exmark won't start please help

A_THIEFofHEARTS

LawnSite Member
I need help guys bad ! I just got done mowing my parents yard when i came to a stop and began to shut my48 exmark lazer ct what I did was i put the throttle at idle before i shut the pto off and now I can't get it started the ignition will only click please somebody help me .it is a brand new mower i know i suppose to disagage at half throttle but i wasn't thinking when i did it.i sure would like to hear from you exmark guys or anybody else that might be able to help..thanks in advance

GTLC

LawnSite Senior Member
Well, I have had this happen before. In my situation, the battery was either dead or one of the safety interlocks wasn't set.

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
n1alx, may be onto something. That does have an electric pto, right? However, being a new mower, let the warranty take care of it. You wouldn't want to mess with it and void the warranty.

OP
A

A_THIEFofHEARTS

LawnSite Member
thanks guys i was panicing ,,i will call them and have them pick it up for me.i'm glad i don't have any yards to mow tomorrow thanks again for your input guys

specialtylc

LawnSite Bronze Member
If it was a safety switch it wouldnt click at all. I would try a set of jumper cables on it before I wasted my time taking it to the dealer.
Any way LET us know what you find out when you get it running . No one ever posts to tell what the fix was.

OP
A

A_THIEFofHEARTS

LawnSite Member
the brake is on and the battery is charged when i turn the key on all it does is click . not sure what the safety interlock is or located.I wish i knew what had happen. it will bother me allnight.intill i find out what is wrong .well anyway glad it's still under warranty .have a good weekend everybody.
james

Carolina Cutter

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by A_THIEFofHEARTS
I need help guys bad ! I just got done mowing my parents yard when i came to a stop and began to shut my48 exmark lazer ct what I did was i put the throttle at idle before i shut the pto off and now I can't get it started the ignition will only click please somebody help me .it is a brand new mower i know i suppose to disagage at half throttle but i wasn't thinking when i did it.i sure would like to hear from you exmark guys or anybody else that might be able to help..thanks in advance

Sounds like a safety interlock or the solenoid is bad.

not asking to be smart, I'm asking from personal experience... Are you sure you shut the PTO off? I have had this type thing happen to me..........