1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scagdude, Jun 10, 2011.

1. scagdude

scagdude LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Hey guys. As you can see from my sig, I have a bunch of toro and scag. I absolutely love them. However, I want opinions on the exmark walkbehind. I'm looking in the 36" or 48" range. The V-rides are awesome but can be a little heavy on a damp, residential property. So, I was thinking of maybe adding another walkbehind instead. I have a couple 36" scag and they're beasts but just thought before I buy another scag, I should at least get some opinions on the exmarks for those of you that have experience running them. They seem like a great mower but a little pricey. Also, definitely the floating deck with a kawi engine.

2. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

I've never run a Scag. I have a 48" TTHP with the 17hp Kaw.

It tackles anything and everything I've thrown at it, and then some. I added a 2 wheel velke this year and, while the hydros are starting to loosen up a little (now a year old), it hasn't blinked with my 245lbs behind it.

The demo model I ran was the 19hp 54" and it had even more power than what I have now. I actually "bush hogged" a three acre field with the demo. It took it from 18-24" down to 4 in two passes.