1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Exmarks Phazer??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Sep 17, 2006.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

For the ones who bought one, how are they?? how are they holding up??

Thanks John

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey John how are ya? :waving:

OK, On to the question at hand, well I'm still very happy that I bought the Phazer. I've had to have a few things worked out but that's to be expected with a new model. 1st thing was the hydro system did'nt feel very responsive so it was off to my dealer to see what is going on. I had to have the system checked out twice all it needed was just a slight adjustment to the system both times. The other thing was the PTO belt came off three times total. This last time it happened I was just starting to cut and I had hit a small bump and the belt came off. When I went to my dealer I was given 2 choices #1 Fix the belt temporally so I can finish what I was doing or #2 Put a brand new idler arm kit on. So I told the guy at my dealer to just do a quick fix then I'll bring it back and drop it off. I must say that with the updated kit I have noticed a little more power going to the blades I can now go through a grass that is about 2 weeks growth at full stick and leave no stringers. If you have anymore questions John ask away.

Rob

3. John Gamba

from ct

I'm doing Great!! Thank you.

Hows it handle going up hills and does it skid allot going down a hill.

John

4. Lazer_Z

from NJ

It does fine both ways. I'm not scared anymore like I was with the Metro & Velky combo.

Rob

5. John Gamba

from ct

So there's no problem coming to a stop when you are going fast??

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of deck is on the phazer, Tri-advantage?

7. John Gamba

from ct

Yes, with a blade speed of 18500.

8. Lazer_Z

from NJ

John, The machine stops fine on flat ground or on an incline. I'll have to get some pictures. I have a lawn that has a slight incline to it and while it's not overly extreme It's enough that when going down hill with a beltdrive and velky it got a little scary at times. I'll probably be cutting that lawn Tuesday so I'll take my camera with me and snap a few pictures.

Rob

9. John Gamba

from ct

Please do!! Thanks bud:cool2:

10. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

John,

Hope all is well....both Lazers are out 5 days a week cutting. Any other toys laying around?