1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Experience with 61 inch Scag Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by woody51, Jun 27, 2012.

1. woody51

woody51 LawnSite Member

I need to replace my Scag 61 inch walk behind. My Scag dealer will give me a slight deal on a 61 inch stander. Anyone have experience with the new standers? Don't have a Wright dealer nearby.
    Thanks,
    Gregg

2. rollman

rollman LawnSite Member
    from Bear DE

I got to demo a 52" V ride . I'm a big guy and didn't feel comfortable on the small platform . Demo the machine if you can and see how you like it .

3. woody51

woody51 LawnSite Member

Thanks,
    The dealer has no Scag standers for me to demo so I have no idea about the platform size.
    Gregg

4. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I demoed the 52. I didn't care for the stiff controls. There also is a removable weight in the front that makes you force it to turn. Or that's the way it seemed for me. I had Wrights before and its hard to beat the original. I drove an exmark around and like how it handled. No field time though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

I'm sure his rep could get one for you. Most have a demo units of either of the ztrs standers and walk nehinds.
    Posted via Mobile Device