1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Experiences w/ smart watches? Long lasting??

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Wink'sLawnManag., Mar 26, 2020 at 8:04 AM.

1. Wink'sLawnManag.

Wink'sLawnManag. LawnSite Member

Silly question but curious to know who has had a smart watch that has lasted in this industry. I used the Fitbit charge 2 for almost 3 years, cracked screens, broken bands, moisture issues at times but overall did hold up for a bit. Received a Blaze as a gift so switched out and within weeks screen cracked, battery won't last half day, and too bulky in my opinion. Like being able to read messages on wrist while maintaining efficient operations. Any advice is much appreciated or experiences you all have had in past. Be safe out there during these uncharted times all .

2. CGros31

CGros31 LawnSite Senior Member

I use an Apple Watch 4 and have had no issues. It’s also waterproof.

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Fanatic

I have the cheapest model of the newest watch. Really like it. Had the first gen for 3years. Just had the little bumper case for it and it worked well.

4. OP
    OP
    Wink'sLawnManag.

Wink'sLawnManag. LawnSite Member

Which model was it? Bumper case sounds right up my alley, thanks for response.

5. CGros31

CGros31 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a gen 1 watch as well. It worked fine for the three years I used it. I don’t even use a protector on it, but I’m careful with my stuff. I’m sure any Apple Watch would be fine with a protector for sure.