Explosion of humic, aminos, etc

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Dec 8, 2017.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Fanatic
    from nc

ive been in the business for a while but now just getting connected with guys and groups across different areas.

Seems in the past year or so our discussions have really moved away from traditional N P K and lots of guys are introducing a more organic approach. Humic, fulvic, sea kelp, and Aminos are being talked a lot.

I have adding humics and will continue. What are you interested in and seeing good results.

I’ve looked into biogreen/green county Fert, foliar-pak, and Fert dealer offerings.

CHARLES CUE likes this.
  2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I looked in to the biogreen thing but did not see any thing special there. I use some Humic products. Did like the results from what i have seen. I have tryed the Foliar-Pack products they have come a long way the last couple years. I used the Armament last year it was on the dry fert i used and i added to my spray tank. I Did like the results will be adding Microsync this year ( the Microsync can be sprayed threw a rideon at .3 gals per th.

3. CHARLES CUE

Did any one watch the live web cast for Foliar-pack yesterday

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I had heard\read the results from humic were less than stellar...apparently things have changed?

5. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

We've been using and selling humic and fluvic acids for years with good results. improved root growth, more efficient nutrient uptake and increased water holding capacity in soils are some of the benefits. Some clients add humic acids to herbicides to increase efficacy. Here's a well balanced article published in Turf Magazine,
    https://www.turfmagazine.com/lawn-care/the-case-for-humic-acids/

hort101, dKoester and Mark Oomkes like this.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

If all of this sounds confusing to you, you’re not alone. “Humic acid is very interesting, because many people, including some manufacturers, don’t know exactly what it is or how best to use it,” Simmons says. “There are so many people jumping on the humic acid bandwagon thinking that it’s some sort of silver bullet.”

This may have been why I read and heard what I did.

Thanks!

7. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Fanatic
    from nc

I did not. Got some info from their site and looking through it.

Im finding spots for humic and micros this year. Maybe even some kelp early on my fescue

CHARLES CUE likes this.
  8. CHARLES CUE

I did watch part of it, i got stuck working but they are going to send a link by email i will share it on here. The first part was about water holding in soils but thats where i left when i came back they were showing results and testimonial. I use to spray micros and you can see a difference

oqueoque likes this.
  9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Fanatic

There is no such thing as a "silver bullet". There is a learning curve in using humic and fluvic acids to get best results.

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  10. CHARLES CUE

I did one yard, only the front with Humic 2 time and i say it looked better now this was the worst looking lawn i wanted to do it 3 time but on round 2 i forgot it. I also used a gypsum product this summer instead of lime and it had humic in it and i was suprised the lawns greened up just like you used fert on them.