1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Expo Plans Ruined

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Jul 17, 2001.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

Well, I can kiss Expo 2001 goodbye. My daughter was involved in an auto accident and the Explorer is totaled. I Thank God she was not injured but now I'm up to my neck in insurance adjustments and getting another new vehicle.

So have fun guys and gals - I'll be there with you in spirit!

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Sorry to hear about your daughters accident. The main thing is that she is OK. :)

We might try to get down there next year. Hopefully you can make it too. ;)

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

So sorry to hear of your misfortune. Thankfully your daughter is ok. Will miss seeing you there. Maybe you might want to walk-in to the field day Thursday this week at AU. It only costs $45.00 to walk-in and lunch is included.

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I won't be there either! That means you won't miss nothing:D

I can't figure out why they have the expo in the middle of the cutting season when everyone is supposed to be busy!

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

dhicks,
    There will be plenty of Explorers and plenty of expos.....

6. dhicks

dhicks Member

Thanks for the words of comfort. Expo is my one and only summer vacation and my weekend to hoot and howel. But on a positive note; Expo 2002 is only 366 days and a wake up.

Thanks all!

7. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

I'm glad your daughter is OK. I don't know your schedule, your insurance coverage or any other details, but if you don't want to miss Expo, why not let your insurance company know that you have a business trip planned. Let them know that you are not able to find a new car and take care of all that hassle until you return and tell them that they will need to supply you with a replacement car in the interim. Meanwhile, you can do a little new car shopping online and have the quotes waiting for you when you return. Two problems solved at once.
    Good luck, Will M>

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Now, THAT'S a great idea!!! Why not make the best of it! Afterall, you're BLESSED with a daughter who is alright and in good health - CELEbrate it!

9. LazyWeekends

LazyWeekends LawnSite Member

Glad that your daughter is ok. I also have to cancel at the last minute. We were due to have a baby last week Friday and I had arranged for the In Laws to come and stay for a couple of weeks so I could go to the Expo but alas, the baby still hasn't come. I don't want to be away for the birth so will have to do the expo some other year. I was really looking forward to it. Are there any other good expos/shows like this coming up in the next few months?