1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Extended Warranties

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snap12.5, Mar 2, 2005.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

how important is it to buy an extended warranty for a used truck that will be for landscaping only and no plowing??? is it even worth it??? is it possible to buy a warranty for a truck that is 7-8 years old???
    what are some problems that have developed for those who have bought used trucks???
    thanks

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have a friend who owns a car lot, and they sell warranties through a separate company. I don't know the name right off hand, but it isn't limited by the age of the vehicle(I think). They(lot) offer limited warranties , such as 50% labor and 50% parts for 90 days, and 100% for 30 days or 1000 miles.The packages I have seen for the warranty co. offer full coverage for drivetrain and engine for set periods or mileage intervals, just like a new car. It just depends on who you are dealing with. Everytime we buy a used car or truck, the first thing I do is Carfax it. I think buying used over 2-4 years old, I would look for a full drivetrain warranty service, which can probably be offered through the dealer for a fee.