1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

F-150 mows over Grasshopper

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Richard Martin, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

2. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

Omg stupid drivers man

Thieves and dopers will always be after our equipment, carry protection and keep everything on lockdown

ericg likes this.
  3. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

probably someone texting and driving did that. The damage to the mower would have been covered by insurance?

4. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

was my first thought too, maybe partially Ins. companies suck they will give you the devalued equipment preaching

ericg likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Richard Martin

They have a version of Gap insurance for equipment.

6. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

Inland marine insurance is what you'd want to fully cover damages such as this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

In St. Clair County they lock up thieves and forget about them, not a good place to steal anything.

8. OP
    OP
    Richard Martin

Yeah, that's the stuff. What he said. And I have it. Mine is a replacement policy. If my old stuff gets mashed up, stolen, burns etc. they buy me new stuff.

9. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Any insurance is going to try to get someone else to pay if possible. If you have ever gone to the doctor or ER with some type of injury, your health insurance carrier will send you a form to fill out asking how and where the injury occurred. They are hoping it happened on someone else's property, so they will be liable for the bills.

We don't know the particulars of the accident shown in the picture, but logic tells me it is the pickup driver's fault. No inland marine coverage on the equipment, or commercial auto coverage on the trailer is going to pay off until they exhaust all efforts to collect from the insurance company covering the pickup. In the unfortunate event the pickup is not insured, they might pay off, but will likely sue the driver for the damages.

10. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Gold Member
    from WV

That grasshopper may be ruined.... It looked pretty bad in the video.