Facebook ads

JFGLN

LawnSite Fanatic
Almost daily I have been seeing ads for lawn and landscape work on Facebook. Funny thing is almost all of them are 2 to 3 hrs or more from my location. I wonder what a click cost these companies.

landscaper22

LawnSite Silver Member
Almost daily I have been seeing ads for lawn and landscape work on Facebook. Funny thing is almost all of them are 2 to 3 hrs or more from my location. I wonder what a click cost these companies.
Not sure, I thought with FB they would just show it to select people within a certain radius that you choose. I can't remember if it is by click or not. I didn't think it was. I thought it was just placed in a certain number of newsfeeds for X amount of money.

Too much.

If they don't have locations in your area, then I would assume their targeting is way off.

And it depends on what their goal is as far as their cost per click. If they're running a website traffic campaign it could be costing more than if they were simply running an engagement campaign.

It can literally cost them anywhere between $1 and $10 depending on the audience they've chosen and the type of campaign.

Facebook has always been, in our experience, way more expensive than Google Ads. And the conversion rates have been nowhere near what we see with Google.

JimLewis

LawnSite Fanatic
We get really good response from Facebook Ads. But you have to use a carefully geo-targeted audience and further narrow down your audience by certain demographics. And even then, some kinds of landscape work gets really good response, other kinds don't.

And in general, Ads don't produce great results. But BOOSTING A POST can work really really well, if it's the right kind of post people are interested in. We had a post recently that produced 8+ good leads, in just 5 days or so. Just a simple Before-After photo. And that's in late October/November when leads are super slow to come in, usually.

As to the original question - how much it costs the company to click on their ad. It depends on what kind of ad. If it's a regular promotional ad, I can't even remember what those cost, because I haven't run them in a long while. But if someone creates a post and then BOOSTS THE POST (which is basically turning the post into an ad) that doesn't cost me anything for someone to click on it. Facebook doesn't charge by the click. They just agree to put that on so many people's feed for a certain amount of money. Doesn't matter whether all of them or none of them actually click on it, like it, or comment on it. I'm only paying to put it on people's feeds. So a click costs me nothing.

But yah, that's a good sign someone hasn't figured out how to do geo-targeting with their ads yet. Which sucks. A lot of us have been there, done that. Always hate it when you find out that your ads are being shown in areas you don't service. But there's a learning curve to digital marketing.

wildstarblazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
We get really good response from Facebook Ads. But you have to use a carefully geo-targeted audience and further narrow down your audience by certain demographics. And even then, some kinds of landscape work gets really good response, other kinds don't.

And in general, Ads don't produce great results. But BOOSTING A POST can work really really well, if it's the right kind of post people are interested in. We had a post recently that produced 8+ good leads, in just 5 days or so. Just a simple Before-After photo. And that's in late October/November when leads are super slow to come in, usually.

As to the original question - how much it costs the company to click on their ad. It depends on what kind of ad. If it's a regular promotional ad, I can't even remember what those cost, because I haven't run them in a long while. But if someone creates a post and then BOOSTS THE POST (which is basically turning the post into an ad) that doesn't cost me anything for someone to click on it. Facebook doesn't charge by the click. They just agree to put that on so many people's feed for a certain amount of money. Doesn't matter whether all of them or none of them actually click on it, like it, or comment on it. I'm only paying to put it on people's feeds. So a click costs me nothing.

But yah, that's a good sign someone hasn't figured out how to do geo-targeting with their ads yet. Which sucks. A lot of us have been there, done that. Always hate it when you find out that your ads are being shown in areas you don't service. But there's a learning curve to digital marketing.
I see your facebook ads here in Georgia lol. Not sure how I started seeing them but I remember seeing a nice landscape and clicked on it and liked and followed so now I will see posts from your company. of course, I won't be a customer but I still like seeing your awesome work pictures.

JimLewis

LawnSite Fanatic
I see your facebook ads here in Georgia lol. Not sure how I started seeing them but I remember seeing a nice landscape and clicked on it and liked and followed so now I will see posts from your company. of course, I won't be a customer but I still like seeing your awesome work pictures.
Probably not my ads, but you probably see our posts on your feed. That would be because you either follow our facebook page or someone you follow does.

PKLIP

Banned

Thank you for your post. I gave up on FB ads and haven't really thought much about it since. It seems like boosting posts is the way to go.

tbtigers

LawnSite Member
Thinking about trying google ads this year. My local search has approximately
4-5 service companies (thumbtack, HOme adviser etc).
3 Facebook pages -( fb buy real estate from google? I wouldn’t think a fb page would rank ahead of websites? Especially a fb that is not active /dull.
3 pack
3 google ads
2-3 Google Guarantee?
Leaving about 2-3 spots for your website