1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Fall Blades and Dust???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andrew's Lawn Maintenance, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

I am just wondering what you guys are using for fall cleanups in the dusty conditons? I bag the lawns and am getting alot of dust going through my ultra vac on my exmark 50 inch deck. I am currently using 2 mulching blades and one high lift blade on the vaccum side. Should I use a mid sail blade instead of the high lift, or is that going to not bag the leaves correctly? Tired of all the dust :cry: and need help on what to do to dial in my mower for years to come. Please let me know what you use for your set ups. Thanks! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Gators, but I still get dust. Not sure if there is a way to eliminate it totally. Just wear a dust mask and blow your air filters regulary.

3. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

It wears down the fan in the ultra vac though!!!

4. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

ur a freakin landscaper and u worried about dust

5. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

Keep the machines greased! Nothin' else you can do. Hopefully it rains real good here in PA.

6. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

I always like dust when I'm doing leaves. It means there not wet. I don't like wet leaves, they're heavy and slimy.

7. Daddy Joes Lawn Service

Daddy Joes Lawn Service LawnSite Member

If you didn't want to get dirty your in the worn biz!