1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Fall Clean up equipment ideas?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Erielandscaper, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Erielandscaper

Erielandscaper LawnSite Member
    from Erie PA

Does anyone use any special equipment other then tarps, trash cans and back pack blowers, oh and of coarse rakes? I was watching a youtube video on a cyclone leaf vac system... It looks like it does really well, was thinking of mounting on of the front of my walkbehind mower... I see the engine part lifts right off and has wheels under the motor looks as if u could also carry it around to beds and suck out all the trapped leaves in hard to get areas and blow it out in the yard or if u wanted just use the whole system and drive around the property and just use the hose with the whole mower/collection system,, i saw one of these used about 3 times, he only wants 500 bucks, has the commerical grade hose, and the dual wheels for added weight capacity. I was just thinking it could be a pretty universal tool u could also mount just the suction hose on the tralier and use it as a loader too with out having to fill the hopper then dump it on the trailer, u could also off load with the system too if u point the shoot out near your dump pile and just suck the leaves out of the truck and trailer, given you dont have a dump truck or dump trailer... Anyone used and special equipment? i would like to get more done with less work, seems like everyone around me is still doing it the old fashion way. The youtube video showed a guy doing 5mph blowing through 4-5 inches of leaves and it was picking everything up and not even working the motors, it also showed that it never cloggs, even with wet leaves. The motor is only a 6hp tho, i was thinking if it isnt enough power id go get like a 18horse. and just use it as a tailgate loader. but the video showed some impressive pick up so i dont know maybe 6hp is enough