1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

fall clean up prices

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by verant, Oct 1, 2007.

1. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

I'm from alexandria, Mn. I'm a one man crew with commercial equipment. I charge $40 per hour for clean ups, which includes hauling all the leaves away to a local dumpsite. Does $40 per hour sound right?

2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Sounds in-line to me.

3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would charge the $40 as long as you are including the drive time to dump the leaves and the time it takes to dump them.

4. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, what is your target for mowing per hour? I know you charge by the property, but I am sure you have a number in mind that you like to acheive per hour when mowing. The reason I ask is, $40 per hour for cleanups is way low in my opinion. I usually get around $60-65 per hour mowing and it is easier work for me and the equipment than cleanups are.

5. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

Johnson-
    What is your market, rural area or city, residential or commercial? My town is 10,000 people so I know that for instance they can charge more in minneapolis area than alexandria

6. PrecisionLandscapingEast

PrecisionLandscapingEast LawnSite Member

I charged at a min. of $75.00 an hour. Most jobs I did a flat fee of $100-150. I found that most of the time it took about an hour and a half with dump time, so most of the time i charged $150.00 and never heard any complaints about price. I think you are short changing yourself quite a bit at 40. Remember people hate to do clean ups, and are willing to pay a little extra for it.

7. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed, I find people more willing to mow their own lawn than to mess with a dirty pile of wet leaves. Charge for it, cuz it is a long winter!