Fall Clean Ups

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by VikingLandscapeLLC, Oct 5, 2019.

1. VikingLandscapeLLC

VikingLandscapeLLC LawnSite Member

Hi guys looking for some advise on what their hourly rate is for fall clean ups and also do you charge more to take away the debris. Located in North Jersey. Thanks in advance

2. Joana Williams

Joana Williams LawnSite Member

We start at $200.00 for clean ups. ( Leaves Only, taking away )

We will cut people a little break if we can blow them to the back of the yard or if they have an area for them & we don't have to take them.

Our labor rate is $120.00 / Hour - ( 2 Guys ) ( $60.00 Each )

These prices are all subject to change if things are soaked / wet or any other obstacles. I also like to put a little extra in for an "annoyance fee" That can range to $50.00-$150.00. And no that isn't itemized into the quote, it's just added in.

Let's be honest, leaves are hard to quote sometimes. They can be really deceiving when packed down.

3. Mattmowsgrass

Mattmowsgrass LawnSite Senior Member

Im charging $62 per hr. This fall. 1 hr minimum. Dumping included after $200. Otherwise I charge a fee of at least $40 more.
    Most companies around here charge a fixed rate. So they get alot more leaf work then me. But they got 2 to 4 people coming out , doing the work 1 to 2 hrs. For $125...

4. OP
    OP
    VikingLandscapeLLC

Thanks a lot that is a big help. I feel sometimes im too cheap but get the clean ups done quick

5. Joana Williams

Joana Williams LawnSite Member

Know your worth. People want something for nothing, and every time I quote leaves people give me a weird look for the price. It's either sticker shock or they have no idea how out of control leaves can get or they were paying some weekend warrior $80.00 to work all day.

We run legitimate company's with real overhead, labor, cost, materials, etc etc etc.

I don't even think twice about it anymore. My price is my price

6. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Every clean up is different for me. I have a rate I stick to if I can knock it out. The small properties here are more time consuming. Larger one have variations that usually benefit. Having the right equipment, or something close really helps. Good luck

7. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

In other threads I've complained about what our area bares out for hourly rate for leaf cleanup and it's low. But this year we are going from $35 a man hr to $39. As I've mentioned before that's still less than our per man hour general labor charge. We will keep our haul away fee the same at $15 per job. We are always 30 min max away from our dump site and on average we can get 5 to 6 normal size jobs in one load. With time and fee to dump we don't make much on the dumps, and I really don't try to. Ideally have the crew working the next job while one guy takes the trailer to the dump. We do jobs from zero lot to our biggest is about .5 to .75 acre of trees and lawn.

8. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

I know someone who has a grandson that will get out a rake up and bag all the leaves on a 1/3 acre corner lot for $5 I can try to get his name and number if anyone is interested. LOL. That's what I was told last year after quoting a job. I asked if his grandson would like to work for me at that price as well. I didn't really get an answer. I quoted $200. I didn't get the job.

9. OP
    OP
    VikingLandscapeLLC

Thank you. Big help just feel like when u give people a price there are shocked like u said and try to negotiate it or complain my price went up from last year
    thanks

Cxb5nm8 likes this.
  10. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

I try to upsell taking the leaves away. Doesn’t mean I slash my price.My dump fees are low, so it doesn’t really matter there... But I do use a leaf loader. Couldn’t be without it, and blowers...

ltdlawn likes this.