Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guy's do or offer in your fall clean up's?

~Jeff

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Whoa................there laddy.................:eek:

To soon for me to be thinking LEAVES................;)

Fall cleanup is just that, and that is what we do. Clean up the fallen leaves, clean out the annuals, continue cutting. Winter fertilizer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm planning on doing complete leaf removal, and I'll try to sell them on gutter cleaning too...just to help bring in some extra cash.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I try to mulch the leaves when they are not to deep and clean leaves out of beds. When we bag the leaves we usually leave(no pun intended) them at the property in paper lawn refuse bags for their disposal service to take them.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Nice moneymaker and this is not a service included in weekly mowing. This would involve either the removal or mulching of all of the leaves and cleaning out of the beds.

Gravely_Man

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ditto what everyone else said, plus I let the customer know of anything I think may create a problem over the winter. Such as branches that look like they might come down with the snow. This way I can try and sell them on some extras with the fall cleanup, instead of just leaves. Plus, if they are a regular customer, it's a nice preventative measure to help them winterize their property so the spring cleanup will not be as hard, and keeping the property up from year to year just makes it look better for you.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
What Drobson said about the spring cleanup being not as difficult. If nothing else that should be your main motivator for doing complete fall cleanups.

We leave ours spotless, but those silly Oaks......:dizzy:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Most peoples are convinced they need their gutters cleaned after I'm done talking to them! "Any buildup in gutters can lead to costly home repairs due to water backflow under shingles and can eventually rot walls in homes, which attracts termites and other bugs that can eat walls away..." I love being a salesman:D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Glan, it is never too early to be selling fall clean-ups, it is just too early to be thinking about the work. My company offers a full yard clean-up, which bascially is picking-up and removing from the property all debris (leaves and sticks) that has fallen during the Fall season. I have about 25 extra customers that are only Fall and Spring clean-ups. I hope to increase the extra customer list this Fall and will start scheduling the clean-ups in Sept., with the work starting at the end of Oct or Nov. I find the clean-ups do add a lot to the gross sales bottom line.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
clean up of leaves from landscaping beds & lawn and also the removal of them from their property...but there are some that let us blow them into their woods, which are the best:D

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
clean-ups. we generally remove all leaves, dead and unsightly debris and give the property a final cut for the winter.

generally just leaving the place looking nice for the next season.

BUT ALWAYS--give the places a last cut when you do a clean-up...you will save yourself alot of time in the spring.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
In my area when i give an estimate i tell them i do fall and spring clean up also. They always say" Ok good i was going to ask you if you did".

·
Registered
57 Posts
What do you guys get for fall clean-up removal. I charge around $200, & try to do a weekly clean-up starting mid-Oct thru Thanksgiving. Oh, the $200 is for the season, not per-visit.
-- Joe

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
I am in that range of price, but my cleanups start first week of November end around mid December. Imposible for us to keep a weekly schedule. They get 3 visits during that time.

We do blow out and remove the leaves all during October. It's just that once the clocks change I can't kee the same hours daily. So that is why for me anyway our "cleanups" start first week in November.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Lawnboy, That sales pitch probably gets you plenty of business, but I am afraid to make pitches like that cause I worry that after making the pitch what if those problems happen inspite of the gutters being cleaned (by me). Has this ever happened to you? I reckon you could just say "the gutters should've been cleaned sooner".

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
what are u doing for the $200? are we talking weekly visits from mid october till thanksgiving? plus disposal? around here, it is very rare to have to haul leaves. most townships allow you to just leave them curbside in a pile. we charge for grasscutting until mid october. after that we clean leaves until december, the work is priced accordingly anywhere from as low as $75 for a one time visit, to $400-600 for the season.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.